• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

Just a quick question. Is there a website that allows one to work out how many miles they have travelled? Maybe even allowing the person to create an account and keep a record of all this?

Cheers!

SS

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Using a Spreadsheet would be free and easier :) it's your own, and never will crash or be down for upgrades etc.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I can't sing RailMiles' praises enough, it's simply an amazing tool and I don't know how I got by without it. I still try to keep my paper records as accurate as possible, if for no other reason than to have a look back one day and to have a non-electronic backup, but RailMiles is worth every penny of the subscription fee. My non-Premium account was something like £6.60 for two years, an absolute bargain.

If memory serves correctly, Tom does a backup at least once a day so all the data is always secure from crashes and the like. Whilst spreadsheets and all that are handy to have, I prefer RailMiles for all my mileage needs these days. Except for bits like freight-only lines or preserved railways, then I get out the Quail and Preserved Diesels for the mileage gen.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you want the mileage that a particular train (or overall journey) takes before you take it, then look it up on any WebTIS-powered booking engine (e.g. East Coast, London Midland, Southern etc) and hover over the 'carbon emissions' link; the URL will contain the mileage (rounded down).

Status
Not open for further replies.