• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Replacement Bus Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Not a clue mate. He asked me why I was using the service as he recognised I had got off it thirty minutes before. I actually found myself telling him the reason for my journey to town. I told him it was because my station was at the end of my road and I would have just done the same thing by train. Really don't know what his problem was. I had a valid ticket, the service was still quicker than going to town and back on a Sunday bus service and only slightly longer than the Sunday train service because the turn around in town was twenty mins less. I was quite taken aback.
That's just odd... (the driver I mean, not you!) I assume it was Arriva? I've found their drivers on Merseyside to be fantastic-never had an issue with any of them. (Apart from the driver of the 10A during the loop closure who didn't look at my bog roll saveaway properly and asked me to leave the bus at James Street thinking I just had a rail ticket. Of course, once he had another look he apologised for his mistake and drove on.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fowler9

Established Member
That's just odd... (the driver I mean, not you!) I assume it was Arriva? I've found their drivers on Merseyside to be fantastic-never had an issue with any of them. (Apart from the driver of the 10A during the loop closure who didn't look at my bog roll saveaway properly and asked me to leave the bus at James Street thinking I just had a rail ticket. Of course, once he had another look he apologised for his mistake and drove on.)
I never have problem with them either. Normally get the same drivers on the 80 and 80A. My mates dad used to drive the 86 before he moved to Melbourne. I am no trouble and all the regulars driving the 80 barely bother checking my ticket. It's more like a hello when I get on on the way to work. I always say hi and thanks. Guess we will never know why I am not meant to use a rail replacement with a valid ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.