• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Safety Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS 4F

On my Northern train this afternoon was a large man, dressed in dark clothing, with a high vis vest which said on the back Rail Safety Officef, or something similar.
I haven't encountered one of these people before and it occurred to me to wonder what powers, if any, he had over those that all members of the public have.
The guard seemed happy to have him follow him up the train as he did tickets and as I got off he seemed to be sorting out, in a normal manner, 4 young youths in the other coach.
I also wondered if this was part of the takeover of the franchise by the government, it was very quick if that is the case.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sheff1

Established Member
These officers have been around on Northern for some years now. I think their 'powers' have been discussed on here at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.