Rail & Sail to Continental Europe

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by gray1404, 16 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

Dutch Flyer: -
    Can I use RTVs for this? If so, which booking offices can issue it? In an ideal world I would be able to get it up North somewhere but would it be London Liverpool Street I'd have to go to? In which case booking in advance could be a problem.

Tickets to Calais - an Anytime Day Return
    Is this ticket offered from Hove, I have a railcard also? I assume I could get this on the day of travel with RTVs?

Last edited: 16 Aug 2015
  2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. najaB

najaB Veteran Member

If it can be bought from a station booking office, then it can be bought with RTVs.

4. thebigcheese

thebigcheese Member

5. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

Assuming that Hastings in the nearest station, and thus cheapest, from Hove/Brighton that offers this fare? I assume Hove station would be able to sell both tickets. :)

Does anyone know the fare from Hove to Ashford International (CIV) (for Calais only). I cannot bring this up on BRfares. I have a railcard too. :) cheers guys!

Last edited: 16 Aug 2015
  6. Hadders

Hadders Fares Advisor

I'm sure this was mentioned before in the massive thread last year but I don't think you can use a CIV ticket on the Calais ticket because there isn't any onward ravel by rail once in France.

7. reb0118

reb0118 Established Member Fares Advisor

I'm sure you can book these at most ticket offices but your local main station may be best as this would no doubt be a highly unusual transaction for a small suburban shack.

You can, of course, book direct with Stena but this will negate any RTV use. That said this is the way I book as I find it easier to add in the cabin & meals package at the same time.

With regard to getting to Harwich [HPQ] it is my opinion that a ticket to London International CIV+ is perfectly acceptable because you will be making a valid rail -sea - rail journey. If coming from the North you may change at Peterborough [PBO] as the Dutch Flyer ticket provides "free" connecting travel from any AGA served station.

See here for more info.

Enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.