• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Travel Voucher onto Oyster Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

Many years ago, I loaded a huge wad of National Rail Travel Vouchers (the ones that used to be green) and London Underground's equivalent (the blue and red ones) onto my Oyster card at a tube station.

I now have a number of Rail Travel Vouchers again (slightly bluer these days), nearing expiry.

Is it still possible to load these onto an Oyster card, if so, where can I get this done? I travel into London from the SWR area and work near Aldgate.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brucey

I'll give Liverpool Street a try next time I'm there. I would've tried Shoreditch High Street, but haven't had good experiences with LO stations and National Rail matters.

Brucey

I was passing Fenchurch Street today and popped in there.

Three windows, only one can do Oyster (it's the only one that still has Cubic FasTIS). That window was closed, but they fetched someone to open it. Three minutes later, the vouchers were on my Oyster card.

Good service and much friendly than at my local SWR station.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'll give Liverpool Street a try next time I'm there. I would've tried Shoreditch High Street, but haven't had good experiences with LO stations and National Rail matters.
Yes LO ticket offices don't always admit that LO is a National Rail TOC and may (incorrectly) refuse to accept RTVs.

If that happens, be sure to lodge a complaint.

westv

Established Member
I was passing Fenchurch Street today and popped in there.

Three windows, only one can do Oyster (it's the only one that still has Cubic FasTIS). That window was closed, but they fetched someone to open it. Three minutes later, the vouchers were on my Oyster card.

Good service and much friendly than at my local SWR station.

You did better than I did back in 2015. :D:D

Day 1 get there at about 1:15. "Sorry machine closed at 1"
Day 2 get there at 1."Sorry machine not open until 1:45"
Day 3 get there at 1:45. "Sorry machine closed at 1:30"
Day 4 went to Tower Hill and got it done in 10 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.