• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Travel Voucher transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

errata

Evening all,

I was recently granted a Rail Travel Voucher for £24 in compensation as a result of a delay.

I am aware that it is possible to credit an Oyster card with such voucher, as I have done so before at the FCC ticket office at St Pancras.

However, on this occasion I would like to purchase a ticket from STP to a NR station outside of the Oyster zone for, say, £10.

Is it possible to purchase this ticket and then have the remaining £14 "credit" on the voucher used to top-up the Oyster? If so I would appreciate any extra information that I might need to give the clerk should we encounter any difficulties.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Evening all,

I was recently granted a Rail Travel Voucher for £24 in compensation as a result of a delay.

I am aware that it is possible to credit an Oyster card with such voucher, as I have done so before at the FCC ticket office at St Pancras.

However, on this occasion I would like to purchase a ticket from STP to a NR station outside of the Oyster zone for, say, £10.

Is it possible to purchase this ticket and then have the remaining £14 "credit" on the voucher used to top-up the Oyster? If so I would appreciate any extra information that I might need to give the clerk should we encounter any difficulties.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is possible. Where I worked, Oyster PAYG was a standard paper ticket as far as the computer was concerned, so it went into the same "shopping basket" as normal ticket types.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Indeed, you can pay for multiple tickets in one transaction, and put the value of the travel voucher towards the total cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.