• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Travel Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

joke2711

Hi .. I have a £143 on Rail Travel Vouchers issued by West Coast Trains. Am I right in understanding that these can be exchanged for cash and if so can this be undertaken at Liverpool and what is the process??

Many thanks again for your anticipated help ...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
My advice would be to contact Virgin Trains (West Coast) for confirmation on their policy. The ticket office at Lime Street is staffed by Northern.

Elecman

Established Member
No you can't I asked Virgin the same question last week. If you want them exchanged for cash you have to send them at your risk back to Virgin Customer Services and request a cheque. They won't even allow Virgin booking offices to accept then with a receipt for internal onward transmission.

gray1404

Established Member
I sent in £270 to VT and by return they sent a cheque. At first they sent a £40 RTV in the post in reply to my question so I phoned up to ask and got a ref number. I sent them in Special Delivery and photographed each one in case of loss for Royal Mail claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.