• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Travel Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvboy

Established Member
Can I use a RTV towards more than one journey?

For example I have an RTV for £25 and want to book a number of advance journeys, all individually costing less than £25 but will total more than £25. Can I do this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GadgetMan

You can as long as they are all purchased in one transaction. If you spend more than the RTV value of £25 then you just have to pay the additional amount due.

island

Veteran Member
You can, but in my experience you will find clerks try to use excuses to avoid selling them (we don't do advances at this time of day, I can't do it as I'm the only window open, there's too much of a queue come back later, or the like). As a courtesy it might be worth writing out the exact journey details, and ticket type codes if you can.

dvboy

Established Member
I did it at New Street at 6:30pm, gave her a list of 4 journeys and also asked for a Daytripper for tomorrow. Gave her 4x RTVs totalling 30.00. Chip and pin failed repeatedly for the 8.50 balance so she put it through again. I think she ignored my reserved seat preferences but not the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.