• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard end date advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a family Railcard and on it it says valid until April 10th so does that mean it runs out at 23.59 on April 9th or 23.59 on April 10th?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Wouldn't it be valid until 0429 on 11th April, although the travel ticket would need to be dated for the 10th.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Wouldn't it be valid until 0429 on 11th April, although the travel ticket would need to be dated for the 10th.

This question came up before, recently. I believe not. The 0429 extension is mentioned in the general restriction text on most ticket types, but is not mentioned in the T&Cs for railcards

gray1404

Established Member
The reality is provided you started your journey before 23:59 on the 10 April and your ticket was valid, no one is going to question you finishing off your journey. However, if you started a new journey at any point on the 11th your railcard certainly would not be valid with your ticket.

jkdd77

I understand that the railway day lasts from 00:01 on 'day 1' to 04:29 on 'day 2', and hence consider that a journey commenced at, say, 02:15 on April 11th, with scheduled arrival before 04:29, and with a ticket dated April 10th, would be deemed to be part of April 10th for ticketing purposes, including railcard use.

Status
Not open for further replies.