• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will Railcard expiry dates be extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilWatson

Is there any suggestion that the validity of Railcards will be extended to allow for the period of non-use?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Not at the moment.

If something is done then it's more likely that new railcards sold for a year will have 15 months validity rather than 12. This is what happened after the severe disruption in 2000 following the Hatield derailment.

PG

Established Member
On a related note our Two Together railcard expires soon and I can't see immediate renewal when we're not going to be using it as being the best use of our finances.

Is there a set length of time that it has to be renewed within?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
No need to renew. Just buy a new one when you make your next journey.

dave87016

Established Member
I emailed them and today I got a reply there going to be no extensions to railcards so if they expired or about to expire it’s best to renew them when necessary after the epidemic is over or ASAP if travelling is essential

Moderator note: As we have the answer, this thread is closed. However if there are any further developments, please report either this post, or the opening post, and let us know the details.

If anyone wishes to debate whether there should be an extension or discounts off renewals please use the following thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.