• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard Fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
What type of things did they ask and, more importantly, what was the out of court settlement?

Glad it was quick and concise. Out of interest, where do they make you go for these interviews? (is that the term they use, interview, rather then a meeting?)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lukemk

What type of things did they ask and, more importantly, what was the out of court settlement?

Glad it was quick and concise. Out of interest, where do they make you go for these interviews? (is that the term they use, interview, rather then a meeting?)

Major bump, but wanted to feedback.

It was in the £4xx's

And it was at their H/O (or one of them), a lot of people on headsets I could see. And yeah they referred to it as an interview.

Glad this is over, PAY YOUR FARES KIDS!

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Thanks for the update.
I'm not surprised at any of these details, though I might have guessed an even higher settlement figure. I'm aquainted with one of the team you will have dealt with, and can confirm that they have both a robust but fair approach. It's satisfying to see that you seem to have come to a similar assessment.

BestWestern

Established Member
Guys you need to re-read what I have said and stop jumping to conclusions. I did not once say not to provide your name and address. I said all I would provide is my name and address if I had committed an offence. I certainly would not then go signing any statements that could then incriminate myself. Provided you give your name and address if you have committed an offence then the BTP would not take issue. You are not under any duty to give the TOC and additional information such as your DOB, occupation. Remember that the person taking the details could then be used as a witness in court so I certainly would not give them the change to say that I openly admitted to something. Makes it so much easier for them to take you to court too. Leave it to the TOC to come up with the evidence as the burden of proof is on them.

On a lighter note, please guys, lets keep our conversation tones polite and not resport to insulting or attacking one another. Lets keep this a prositive and productive forum :)

Or, you could buy a ticket, travel legally and not have to concern yourself with ways of evading capture and rightful prosecution.... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.