• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard not arrived what are my options

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
No it just says off peak day return, there are seat reservations, and on the part of the journey in question, there’s a seat reservation covering both Bristol stations (from Bristol parkway to Taunton)

As long as the train you're wanting calls at Parkway and TM then yes. You may have to present your ticket to the man at the barrier, but I can't foresee any problems, and it's allowed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
As long as the train you're wanting calls at Parkway and TM then yes
It doesn't even have to call at Parkway and TM: you can take any train along the usual route from TM to Taunton (there are no TOC-only Off-Peak Day Returns for that route).

Daisygirl

Thanks everyone, my journey goes on to Liskeard, thanks for allaying my fears for the start of my return journey! It’s so complicated

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
It’s so complicated
It certainly is; the problem is that any new system will inevitably involve the system becoming worse in some way (more expensive, less flexible, etc.) for some, if others are to benefit. And let's not even get started on pence per mile pricing...

_toommm_

Established Member
It doesn't even have to call at Parkway and TM: you can take any train along the usual route from TM to Taunton (there are no TOC-only Off-Peak Day Returns for that route).

Well yes, I'm just not familiar with that area so I was thinking of ways to not tell the OP to get on somewhere where their ticket isn't valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.