• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard terms and conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakey1152

I am starting to think I am going a little bit crazy....
I am travelling from Slade Green to Salisbury on Saturday and I am taking a friend along with me.
I have a Network Railcard and I also have a weekly zones 4-6 Travelcard on my Oyster.

I was sure that at some point in the recent past the railcard terms and conditions stated something like you didn't need to purchase a ticket for yourself if you had a ticket that covered you for all or part of the journey - although for some reason I have a recollection that this didn't include One Day Travelcards.

I can't seem to find any reference to this any more. as I was going to save a few mere pence and get a ticket for myself from Woolwich Arsenal to Salisbury and one for my friend from Slade Green.

Was this in the old terms and conditions and has now gone, or am I losing the plot in my old age?

Blakey

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
ISTR it's the Gold Card that has that in the T&Cs, as it's entirely likely that the holder may be travelling on their season ticket route with someone else, not the Network Railcard.

benk1342

Yes, it is in the gold card Ts and Cs here http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46573.aspx

That said, when I used to use a monthly season and also held a Network Railcard, I never had any trouble buying or using a NSE discounted ticket for my wife while travelling on my own season. The terms and conditions only require that you travel together, not that you hold identical tickets or that your own ticket is discounted.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I clearly won't recommend this, as it is fraud, but the Network Railcard doesn't have a photocard, and thus for this kind of thing they can and do get passed around to the person needing the discount (assuming they are of the same sex and thus would pass as the person on the card).

If the railway was *really* bothered about this they would introduce a photocard as other Railcards do.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Which orher railcards? Oh yes, just 16-25 railcards... (although now there's 2Together too, but that's not hisorical).

cjohnson

On the subject of Railcard T&Cs, I note that the 16-25 and F&F railcard terms and conditions are currently stated as "valid up to and including 17 May 2015". What happened/was meant to have changed on that date?

Status
Not open for further replies.