• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railplanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
Has anyone recently used any of the online Railplanners and haven't been given the correct information?

I can give a prime example, today I was travelling from Blackpool North to Liverpool Lime Street on the 09:37 Liverpool South Parkway & was advised to change @ Huyton, even though the train reversed @ Lime Street.

If I didn't know anything about travelling by train, I would have got off @ Huyton!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
They normally advise you of the quickest journey to the destination you put in.

brillopad

They normally advise you of the quickest journey to the destination you put in.

I use Thales Rail Planner Live on my Smartphone and that gives you the option of direct trains yes/no and include/exclude slower trains.

Lrd

Established Member
I use Thales Rail Planner Live on my Smartphone and that gives you the option of direct trains yes/no and include/exclude slower trains.

OK, the default options are usually to show the quickest journey.

Whistler40145

Established Member
It amazed me that I was told to change at Huyton for Liverpool Lime Street when the train reverses at Liverpool Lime Street!

The staff at Blackpool North admitted it wasn't the first occasion this glitch had happened! Oops!!!

I actually witnessed several people changing @ Huyton!

Status
Not open for further replies.