• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railroad Australia TV Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requeststop

I've not seen this in the International Transport Forums during a search but.....
I've found a TV series on Discovery Australia Channel called Railroad Australia.
Eight Programmes on the Rail System in Australia. I've watched three so far and it's very interesting. Rather more on freight than passenger, but non the less they are covering a large area of the network. So far: A weekly service into Northern Queensland from Cairns. Freight from Melbourne to Perth. Agricultural rail on a narrow gauge system. The Iron Ore trains in North Western Australia and so on. I have done a quick check and the programmes are available on YouTube. Hope you can find and enjoy them. (if you're interested) :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LesS

Can you provide some additional information. It sounds as though these programmes are quite old. The weekly freight service from Cairns ceased over a decade ago. The reference to agricultural goods be freight on narrow gauge could be anywhere and anytime.

ian959

You might need to read the OP again - no mention of freight from Cairns. The series was made last year by a West Australian company.

Last edited:

flymo

Established Member
When I was in Australia a few weeks ago this was showing nightly on the Discovery Channel there (I think it was that channel) and the one I saw a bit of was focussing on The Ghan on its journey north. I think there was also saw a bit of the iron ore episode and thought it was all a really well put together series.

I'd forgotten about it until I saw this thread, hope it makes it onto other Discovery channels round the world.

Requeststop

When I was in Australia a few weeks ago this was showing nightly on the Discovery Channel there (I think it was that channel) and the one I saw a bit of was focussing on The Ghan on its journey north. I think there was also saw a bit of the iron ore episode and thought it was all a really well put together series.

I'd forgotten about it until I saw this thread, hope it makes it onto other Discovery channels round the world.

As I mentioned in my OP the series is available for viewing via YouTube.

If it's permitted here is the link to programme one. The others should be easy enough to find from the first programme.

Status
Not open for further replies.