• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railtalk Mag Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just been having a read of Railtalk's first venture into the online magazine world, and its quite a nice little publication, with some good photos too!

Just thought people may fancy a look. It can be downloaded here:

www.railtalk.net/issue1

Right click and 'save target as' to download!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I think they could proof-read it next time.

"We would like to thank all peopled evolved with the forum."
"The team have worked extremely hard and once."

Dave A

:lol:

Not bad :)

That forum though reminds me of another forum... ;)

CallySleeper

Established Member
I agree with Coxster - a lot more could be asked for grammar wise and what's with randomly starting new lines in the middle of sentences??

theblackwatch

Established Member
Only had a quick flick through and have to agree with Peter B regarding grammar - 'weather' instead of 'whether' and 'there' instead of 'their' being a couple I spotted. Unfortunately, I have to say it appears rather amateurish.

Bighat

I think they could proof-read it next time.

"We would like to thank all peopled evolved with the forum."
"The team have worked extremely hard and once."

Agreed, fabulous pictures, but proof reading AND spelling leave a lot to be desired. Text justification also needs sorting out.

Andy

Yes to be far i take in a lot of what you say. There is a lot of room for improvement. As you said about the proofreading i know what you are saying. As i was away at the weekend it was rushed and i did not read it until some copies were sent out. When i did read it i picked up on everything that you said above. This issue was really a beta and we will take more time over the next issue. But thank you for all the points that have been made as it will help us will forth coming issues.

theblackwatch

Established Member
With regard to proofreading, speaking from my own experiences (as a magazine columnist and an ex Editor of a society journal), I find it quite difficult to check my own work and only spot errors once I've got the finished product! It's could be a good idea to get someone who has not been involved in the production to give it a look over before it goes live/gets sent out.

Andy

With regard to proofreading, speaking from my own experiences (as a magazine columnist and an ex Editor of a society journal), I find it quite difficult to check my own work and only spot errors once I've got the finished product! It's could be a good idea to get someone who has not been involved in the production to give it a look over before it goes live/gets sent out.

Yes i agree with what you say there :)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Please don't dig up old threads like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.