• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railtalk Mag Issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Railtalk are back with their second offering in the pdf magazine world. A lot of the points from last time seem to have been taken onboard and spelling and grammar (on the most part ;)) are very good. Some very nice pictures inside too.

However I'd like to see more strories from the north and less about that failure of a company 'one' :p:lol:

Anyway, if you fancy a read it can be found here:

http://www.railtalk.net/magazine/issue2.pdf

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Hi guys.

This issue has been (partially) edited by me.

Unfortunatley, I couldn't edit it properly, due to the lack of the appropriate software.....

So, hopefully, next issue should be better, but I hope this one is OK :).

Cheers,
Memorex.

T

Tom

Was that a picture of a 450 on the front but virtually nothing else about SWT in the mag?

The idea is to put a photo of the key subject on the front...!!!

Andy

The magzine is more of a photgraph magazine and the picture that is on the front is just a picture.

Nathan

Was that a picture of a 450 on the front but virtually nothing else about SWT in the mag?

Tom is right there two 450 pics. Other than that its good, just had a quick flick through lots of pictures (nice :D).

T

Tom

andy, still, your cover photograph should be something regarding 'one', the majority of the articles in it are about 'one', so the cover photograph should...

Coxster

Established Member
Do your contributors really need to go into such detail about a one under, Andy?

Daniel

Established Member
Tom, as far as I know, the cover image is *supposed* to be the winner of the Railtalk's forum's "Photo of the Month" competition.

Andy

yes you are correct but as we are having problems with the POTH at the mo i am just using and pic.

Craig

Established Member
Just had a quick browse. Apart from the things already mentioned it looks fairly interesting and will hopefully improve over time. It seems to lack lucidity at the moment. Perhaps some regular items along with special features each issue would help this?

gingerheid

Established Member
Very nice.

I'm sure it's not a case that they need to include more information about other operators - isn't it more that people need to send them information about other operators? ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Very nice.

I'm sure it's not a case that they need to include more information about other operators - isn't it more that people need to send them information about other operators? ;)
Well a lot of the RailTalk forum team are administrators/moderators of a forum dedicated to SWT so that should provide some things like the Waterloo derailment etc.

Andy

Well if anyone would like to enter anythink, just contact me or anyone from the railtalk team.

Status
Not open for further replies.