• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railtours on the ECML

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I See that today, there are several steam railtours on the ECML that have either been cancelled in Nov & Dec, or only running now partly by steam, the rest by diesel. Is there almost a ban on steam on the ECML, perhaps owing to the fire in the Donny area I think a month or so ago, caused by a possible problem with a light engine movement?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NIMBUS

Also down to a lack of paths, as a result of the diversions on Saturday afternoons and Sundays via the Joint Line from Peterborough to Doncaster.

RTC's York trip with "Bittern", which had been rescheduled for this weekend and diverted on the return via Nottingham (diesel hauled from Donny) is a recent casualty of the lack of paths/crews.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Ther eis also an issue opn weekday stea mhauled trains becuase of the high intensity timietable - there arent paths for steam out of Kings Cross

4SRKT

Established Member
I'd heard the ban was on ECS and LE workings only.

Status
Not open for further replies.