• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railtours through NCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr395008

Hey,

Does anyone have a list of the rail tours due to go through NCL? I've tried to find out the information myself but I always seem to miss one or two. <(

Also, does anyone know what rail tour the one which went through around 17:05....was being pulled by diamond jubilee 67.

Any info would be great :)

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sidmouth

This site is usually kept up to date but only (normally) lists diesel-hauled railtours.
That site shows a uktrain tour today from kings cross to Durham but actually it is / was to Newcastle but stopping at Durham. It was due off Newcastle at 17.47 from platform 4 with a cl.90 on the front.

Last edited:

sprinterguy

Established Member
That site shows a uktrain tour today from kings cross to Durham but actually it is / was to Newcastle but stopping at Durham. It was due off Newcastle at 17.47 from platform 4 with a cl.90 on the front.
Booked for a class 67 according to every online source I have read, particularly the two fairly definitive listings posted on this thread. The UK Railtours "Beamish Open Air Museum" will indeed have been the tour that the OP saw at Newcastle though as you say. It will have stabled at Heaton between dropping off and picking up passengers at Durham.

EWS used to make quite extensive use of its' class 90 fleet on these sorts of workings to York, Durham and Newcastle on the ECML, but in more recent times it has been regularly deemed appropriate to make use of 67s under the wires for the entirety of their journey :roll:

sidmouth

90 039 at Newcastle, interestingly waiting forward of the signal. PS I was travelling on the 17.25 ex Newcastle to Kings Cross and we were delayed leaving from platform 3 due to 90 039 being forward of the signal on platform 4 and fouling our path. We eventually left 10 minutes late and routed via the western of the 4 tracks across the King Edward Bridge, re joining the up main just south of the river. We were 10 min late all the way to Peterborough, were I got off, with the guard frequently apologising and blaming the late running on the incident at Newcastle.

Attachments

• P1010213.JPG
    P1010213.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

sprinterguy

Established Member
Oh, top and tailed was it? :oops: Good to see that DB still are making use of their 90s on some of these turns then, I was wrong to despair :)

wensley

Established Member
Aye, t'was TnT, stabled at Tyne Yard...hence the 67 to take the 90 from under the wires! No sense sending the stock to Heaton with a perfectly adequate DB facility so close by ;)

Razor1967

Does anybody have a list of the coaching stock used on the tour hauled by 90039/67026. Many thanks !

Razor1967

Thanks Craig87034 for the reply, saw it from a distance but not near enough to get the coaching stock.

Thanks again !

ash39

Established Member
Gutted, really wanted to see a class 90 at york but assumed a 67 like everyone else due to the uk railtours website stating so... Hope theres another one soon

Status
Not open for further replies.