• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK awards 2008 - results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

metrocammel

I love New Street!!

It's one of my favourite stations!

Is that supposed to be funny? It's an absolute dive. There's one reprieve to New St, that is is one of the only stations I know to retain it's original maroon London Midland 1960s neon lights- stating that you are at 'Birmingham New Street' - It was a shame when Crewe got rid of them* :(. The only other good thing is the Way Out sign ;). But seriously, I don't really have any problems with Birmingham as a place, it's just New Street is a depressing place to arrive at. It's more like a multi-story car park than a station :s

* (Of note, Crewe's were removed when it was "refurbished" in around 2005, Grantham still has them, though modern versions in black, Teignmouth also has them in WR brown, and a very unusual survivor is the sole one at Markinch station- in ScR blue!)

EE Type 3

Established Member
Well done to Yorkie, well deserved, his articles are always well written and interesting.:D:D.

Also well done to my good friend Dave Dawson, another well deserved win

Cheers Dave and Jules :D

Thank you everyone who voted for my soon to reappear (yes Damon ;)) site, it means alot to me :)

Established Member
Why, did you want to win them both?

I think I voted for STP for the nominations :oops: :oops: in the
I picked Manchester Piccadilly for the voting though :)
I, thinking about it now, would of recomended Grantham, it's a lovely station, the staff are very friendly too.

Did I even say that, No :roll:

P156KWJ

Established Member

BJMorley

We should do another one, but more as a meet. Go to one of those MoD store sites, get some petrol, pour it all over the stock, through a match on it, then cook them from the entrance :P :P

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We should do another one, but more as a meet. Go to one of those MoD store sites, get some petrol, pour it all over the stock, through a match on it, then cook them from the entrance :P :P

Yes, because that could be fun... :?:

Coxster

Established Member
Yeah... and after that we could go to your house, get some petrol, pour it all over the place, throw (not through) a match on it, then cook the remainder of our supplies from the garden :roll:

Jordy

Established Member
Hmm.....

Anyway, I think this thread has lost all meaning so I shall lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.