• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK awards 2008 - voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNERman

Established Member
Well sos but as you put GNER no longer run them now it's NXEC
I have supported GC the whole way and was a little shocked when the court case happened
I only like GC's refurbishment because the seats are lined up with windows and they are nice colours etc GNER's was nice-(I was one of the first people to go on the first refurbed set due to my Dad being a manager there) but I felt that GC's is more homely
I also prefer GC's livery to NXEC anyday

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

metrocammel

Well sos but as you put GNER no longer run them now it's NXEC
I have supported GC the whole way and was a little shocked when the court case happened
I only like GC's refurbishment because the seats are lined up with windows and they are nice colours etc GNER's was nice-(I was one of the first people to go on the first refurbed set due to my Dad being a manager there) but I felt that GC's is more homely
I also prefer GC's livery to NXEC anyday

Fair enough, it is NXEC who have chosen the livery which you don't like, but all I am saying is the 'refurbishment' of 'NXEC' HSTs/ MK4s, is actually down to GNER!! Anyway, what's done is done, and you're entitled to your opinions!

Secondly, regarding GC, I think in the recent months, their 'bad' image has been improved, as, let's face it, be it there fault or not- the availability of their powercars earlier this year was atrocious- as I'm sure we all remember the very embarassing days when most of their services were caped, and they were frantically hiring in whatever they could lay their hands on!! Thankfully, it appears the problems were 'teething troubles', and thus are a thing of the past now.

class 313

Established Member
how can say that GC was a disappointment?
just cause they had a rough start doesn't mean that you can judge them by this!
look at their trains.
tonnes better than NXEC anyday
good legroom
friendly staff
comfy seats
you should all just think for a moment
use your brains!<(:-x<(:-x<(:-x<(:-x

How can we say it? Quite simply. GC started off terribly. One train and not operating to full TT, the latter which happened quite a lot. Albeit not fully GC's fault. But seeing as this has happened most of the year (only now are things now going fine) then yes. Yes you can judge them by this.

Chester025

Thank you to whoever nominated the Deltic Retro Scot as Railtour of the Year! :D It was a really enjoyable day, and I'm glad the members on here who attended thought so too!!

Indeed! That was the one I voted for, but then again, it was the only one of the three I did! :lol:

Best railway media (TV or Radio) piece
Christian Wolmar on enthusiasts' behaviour
Ian Hislop Goes off the Rails (BBC)
Railway Walks (BBC)

How any 'rail enthusiast' can think that 'Christian Wolmar on enthusiasts' behaviour' piece, was good is beyond me! :?

P156KWJ

Established Member
Indeed! That was the one I voted for, but then again, it was the only one of the three I did! :lol:

How any 'rail enthusiast' can think that 'Christian Wolmar on enthusiasts' behaviour' piece, was good is beyond me! :?

never saw that - might see if it's made its way on to youtube

Coxster

Established Member

metrocammel

May I ask why?

Yes, I think I could ask that question too!

Valid points that were fabricated? I think it has been done to death now, but his main points were that diesel cranks, particularly followers of the Peaks were 'neo-Nazis'. The picture they used in the DM was a fund raising event for a fellow basher, and police officer who had a brain tumour. Not a 'Nazi basher reunion' as it suggested. In a roundabout way Wolmar retracted his comments on his website, and the DM issued an comment from John Stephens, correcting the non factual points, in the following Sunday's edition. It really was a story they had to bodge together, as there was no 'basher trouble' at all on the Rail Blue 40 to Lincoln!

P156KWJ

Established Member
I couldn't quite believe that the Daily Mail were branding us as 'nazis'... that's rich coming from the daily mail!!!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a few hours left for those of you who haven't yet voted!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Voting is now closed and the results will be available soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.