• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK First Class Lounge Guide

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Oh, and Ascot, unless this has been very recently changed (last month or so!), East Midlands Trains accept any First class tickets in their Sheffield lounge at least, even those with no chance of ever being valid on EMT services (such as SHF-NCL). Including Advance.

There is an EMT service which goes between Sheffield and York once a week. About 1130 on a Sunday.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lyesbkz

There is an EMT service which goes between Sheffield and York once a week. About 1130 on a Sunday.

Now that I didn't know.

Nonetheless my point remains, I asked the lounge supervisor today just to confirm, and essentially "as long as it's a first class ticket, it's fine".

Ascot

Established Member
Now that I didn't know.

Nonetheless my point remains, I asked the lounge supervisor today just to confirm, and essentially "as long as it's a first class ticket, it's fine".

Many thanks for that, I'll do some digging first as it sounds unusual but I won't put the kibosh on it just incase it ruins it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Line Rover

Established Member
Just a heads up if you're in the Euston FCL on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 7:30am and 9:30am before the 19th May, Virgin are offering free shoe shines according to their Facebook.

How exciting!

(I'm not sure this particular gimmick would entice me to upgrade...)

Yew

Established Member
If I go home via nottingham this weekend I'll use the buy-in and get a photo of the lounge

Ascot

Established Member
Updated East Midlands to incorporate descriptions this evening. Will add a description for Parkway tomorrow.

lyesbkz

What is APEX an abbreviation for? I gather AP stands for "Advance Purchase", which gives away the meaning of the phrase, but what is the EX about?

EltonRoad

There's now an add-on deal for Caledonian Sleeper passengers at Inverness using the Royal Highland Hotel - as well as being able to wait there and have free drinks, you can take advantage of a "wash and change" service where you have the use of a room for 4 hours, cost £22 per person or £35 for two sharing. This is advertised in the latest Sleeper brochure.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Pix, pix, more pix.

6346: Manchester Piccadilly
6349: Liverpool Lime Street
6353: Wolverhampton

Attachments

• DSC06346.jpg
    DSC06346.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC06349.jpg
    DSC06349.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC06353.jpg
    DSC06353.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 66

Ascot

Established Member
Pix, pix, more pix.

6346: Manchester Piccadilly
6349: Liverpool Lime Street
6353: Wolverhampton

Many thanks updated.

No real updates to the guide over the last few days. I will get round to updating East Coast this Sunday.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
East Coast updated with just Great Western, Eurostar and Anglia to be done.

Bungle73

On Moderation
Many thanks updated.

No real updates to the guide over the last few days. I will get round to updating East Coast this Sunday.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
East Coast updated with just Great Western, Eurostar and Anglia to be done.

You missed out info about the new 3, 6 and 12 month EC FC Lounge passes. ;)

All Line Rover

Established Member
You missed out info about the new 3, 6 and 12 month EC FC Lounge passes. ;)

http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/loyalty-intro-page/benefits/lounges-step-by-step-guide/

That is a very good deal. Two First Class return journeys (using what are effectively cheap Advance tickets) or unlimited access to East Coast First Class lounges for a year, when you don't even need to be travelling? I know which one I'd pick!

7 Standard Class Newcastle to London SOR's will get you a yearly pass. At least that might make the extortionate price seem a little more reasonable!

lyesbkz

I'm curious as to what the discussion with barrier staff might be upon asking to be let through "to use the lounge", when asked where you are travelling to, "nowhere, I am just going to use the lounge". I suppose they should let you through although the T&C say you can be "travelling with any operator, not just East Coast" for the 3mth+ passes so I'm not exactly sure. It's made clearer on the one-day passes that you do not need to hold a travel ticket IIRC, but not sure about the longer ones.

All Line Rover

Established Member
I'm curious as to what the discussion with barrier staff might be upon asking to be let through "to use the lounge", when asked where you are travelling to, "nowhere, I am just going to use the lounge". I suppose they should let you through although the T&C say you can be "travelling with any operator, not just East Coast" for the 3mth+ passes so I'm not exactly sure?

Well it's not very clear in the T&C's, but when I ordered a 1-day pass for 50 points, the bottom of the e-mail said this: "Note to East Coast First Class Lounge staff - this Rewards One Day East Coast First Class Lounge Pass entitles the holder to any East Coast First Class Lounge on the date specified. The holder is not required to present their train ticket to gain entry to the Lounge."

Bungle73

On Moderation
Are there any windows in the new Lounge at KGX? If so what do they look out onto?

Are there any windows in the new Lounge at KGX? If so what do they look out onto?

There are no external windows but there are windows looking out towards the (covered) platforms.

There are also windows out towards the new Western concourse on the other side but they are very restricted view and in an uninteresting part of the lounge.

PFX

I would be interested if anyone had any comments on the Liverpool St lounge. I'll be flying in to Stanstead in early May so if there isn't anything (comments/pictures) by then, I'll get some information on that trip.

Great thread by the way.

sonic2009

Established Member
please find Birmingham New Street

Attachments

• 2012-04-03 19.03.52.jpg
    2012-04-03 19.03.52.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 59

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Do you still need shots of Kings Cross and Darlington lounges because I should be able to provide these (well I will be able to tomorrow hopefully) if you do?

Ascot

Established Member
Do you still need shots of Kings Cross and Darlington lounges because I should be able to provide these (well I will be able to tomorrow hopefully) if you do?

Many thanks for your offer. Any offer of photos would be much welcome if you get the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Many thanks for your offer. Any offer of photos would be much welcome if you get the chance.

I should be definitely be able to get Darlo tomorrow but might not have time at the Cross. I'll post them up if I get them.

premier01

Well it's not very clear in the T&C's, but when I ordered a 1-day pass for 50 points, the bottom of the e-mail said this: "Note to East Coast First Class Lounge staff - this Rewards One Day East Coast First Class Lounge Pass entitles the holder to any East Coast First Class Lounge on the date specified. The holder is not required to present their train ticket to gain entry to the Lounge."

I am not sure I get the buy in icons-Wakefield shows that it's over £10 to buy in but wouldn'ta Wakefield to Leeds FDS at £3.60 get access into the lounge there.