• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK Forums at five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The original forum used phpBB so some things were changed when moved across.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Number 1 post says: "This section is for News & Announcements, where the RailUK team can post announcements, comments are allowed."

Bighat

Number 1 post says: "This section is for News & Announcements, where the RailUK team can post announcements, comments are allowed."

Close!

Knew it served some admin function, although in his case, more announcements than news methinks!

Ivo

Established Member

Just tried this. The way it emphasises the username by showing it in bold type is kinda demoralising...

Oh, and whoever's idea it was to convert from phpBB, good call; well done :D

Established Member
I joined on the 13th May 2006, so a year shy of 5 years, however i dont know where i stand in terms of what number i am. I have a very low message number because i use to frequent a few other rail and transport forums. The only reason i have posted here more recent is because the other sites are to be honest gone past there sell buy date.

If any one can tell me what number i am in the group i would be very thankful.

Whilst i am at it HAPPY BELATED 5th BIRTHDAY RAIL UK FORUMS!

FlyingScot

Happy fifth anniversary RailUk! I've only been here for about 8 months and went AWOL from November to January. However, it feels good to be part of this forum.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
No - that is correct, as Ivo said that it had taken him 200days to get 1250 posts (and that was at 2035 when I replied, Ivo's post counter had increased to 1,260, leaving what is now corrected 7 mins, to post 10 times!

Anyway back on topic...

Happy Birth Year RailUK.

Ivo

Established Member
TP would be correct - IF you overlook the word ABOUT. It was an approximation, as with the poster above me.

I actually thought that I had about 1,230 posts, until I looked at my count after posting the above!

Dennis

Established Member
Posts about maths belong over here :p

I find using mathematics to help understand the way the world is to be quite useful at times and believe that if more 'managers' (in the broadest possible sense, including politicians) truly understood figures they are working with, then the world would be a better place.

I've always been surprised that figures presented in publications like rail trends and passenger satisfaction surveys don't get a good going over on fora like these, or indeed in many of the magazines which are readily available. All grist to the mill of informed discussion....

Voyager 2093

Never really heard of capitals in the middle of sentences. Looks like you've failed already in terms of accuracy.

Jordy

Established Member
Can we stop with the random personal attacks please. I think this thread has run its course now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.