• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK Forums Ticket Gallery Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cool110

Got a pair of Blackpool tram singles.

Attachments

• Blackpool tram.jpg
    Blackpool tram.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:

gith

I've got these TVM tickets from NCM earlier in the year. I've also got a few "new style" child tickets if you want those as well. The image probably needs splitting up for putting in the gallery, I'm happy for you to do that or put them in as a set.
2015-02-19_20-25-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Established Member
I've got a permit to travel from Sandwell and Dudley. (Finally found a working machine Crossover!)

I also have a pair of endorsed advances which I mentioned at the meet today.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Ooh, please. Was it given to you as compensation?

richw

Veteran Member
Ooh, please. Was it given to you as compensation?

Yep, I emailed the MD when I was dissatisfied with the cut and paste response from the complaint team.
the response was issued by the deputy MD. I will sort it tomorrow evening when I get home for you.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I am sorting out APTIS and newer tickets at the moment. Older tickets are most welcome but I won't be processing much until I sort out all the APTIS and later tickets in hand atm.

simple simon

I am sorting out APTIS and newer tickets at the moment. Older tickets are most welcome but I won't be processing much until I sort out all the APTIS and later tickets in hand atm.

OK, so there's no rush. As it happens they need scanning so this gives me plenty of time.

I might start with receipts for when the e-purse on Oyster cards have been topped up.

Simon

Last edited:

DEE-DE

I've got scans of one STD 16-25 ADVANCE to LNDON ESTAR CIV ticket. It has a stamp from a nonmatching train as the original train was cancelled.
Then I've got an older London Spezial with BahnCard discount. Don't know if you want another one of those.
The third ticket I've got ready is a Eurostar ticket with a connection to Germany. This is a return. It's from shortly after their introduction, the design might have changed since as I complained to Eurostar about the bad design.
I might be able to find the printouts with the stamps again.

Other tickets I've got here that might be of interest to you (not scanned yet):
STD Sleeper with Serco Caledonian Sleeper (16-25) (for future travel)
1ST ADVANCE LNDON ESTAR CIV (16-25) (for future travel)
London Spezial Single 1ST/STD Premier issued by a ticket office
London Spezial 2x Singles booked online but sent by post (STD with BahnCard 25)
London Spezial 1x Single booked on the phone (STD with BahnCard 25)
Several Aberdeen+Bus with Plusbus web discount (limited offer) (though not necessarily with the other tickets)
HS UPGRADE OP issued with Barcode and 16-25
ANYTIME DAY R London Terminals to Calais Route P AND O NOT HS, but only the return portion, with 16-25 and Barcode. No control tickets were issued. I do have two ferry boarding cards though.
Scotrail Advance Card

Tickets I can't find but that should still be somewhere (no guarantee they didn't get lost when moving):
1ST SINGLE (RCD) with excess to non-railcard fare

Tickets I believe are at my parents' place:
TCV SINGLE London to Norwich + Seat Reservation (all issued by DB) (with Railplus discount, just before this was abolished in the UK)
TCV SINGLE Peterborough to London (issued by DB) (with Railplus)

Temple Meads

Established Member
Any of these of interest?

- Ride Cornwall (YP discount)

- Devon Evening Ranger (YP discount)

- SWT family and friends staff travel ticket

- Devon and Cornwall Railcard (faded in parts)

- New look London Travelcard (issued 09/10/14)

- Bodmin - Plymouth Groupsave 3

- FGW Class 142 farewell railtour ticket

breadfan

I've a shoebox full of tickets of various types, APT boarding passes (which are not very impressive), depot open day tickets,mystery tours, Persil special offers, Sealink Holidays, um heap of platform tickets from the 3x2p machines through to Intis, unprinted Intis (I think I have some on ebay at the moment), station car park tickets, various old rovers. You get the gist. Are any of these not of any use?

PM me the email address if you'd like some scans.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Here you are :)
Just to clarify for the purpose of the caption for the gallery, that is a Daytripper Plus (£2.50) and not a Daytripper Add-On (£1.30).

FWIW I have a Daytripper Plus from last year before the price went up. This was printed in the area and has come out completely differently.

Attachments

• IMG_3178.JPG
    IMG_3178.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 166

Kite159

Veteran Member
Just to clarify for the purpose of the caption for the gallery, that is a Daytripper Plus (£2.50) and not a Daytripper Add-On (£1.30).

FWIW I have a Daytripper Plus from last year before the price went up. This was printed in the area and has come out completely differently.

Ticket office at Dorridge overcharged me <(

What is the different between the "plus" and "add-on"?

PermitToTravel

Established Member
I don't think Chiltern's booking office staff are trained on Daytripper associated tickets. Last year Moor Street weren't able to sell whichever of the additional tickets it is that allows one to use a Daytripper to Coleshill

Kite159

Veteran Member
I don't think Chiltern's booking office staff are trained on Daytripper associated tickets. Last year Moor Street weren't able to sell whichever of the additional tickets it is that allows one to use a Daytripper to Coleshill

The seller did take around 10 minutes looking for it on the system and eventually phoned someone up. He did the actual daytripper ticket with no issue

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Ticket office at Dorridge overcharged me <(
No, £2.50 is the correct fare for Daytripper Plus.
What is the different between the "plus" and "add-on"?
Daytripper Plus is for travel as far as Stratford-upon-Avon/Kidderminster/Leamington Spa (not from Coventry)/Lichfield TV (via the Cross-City line).

Daytripper Add-On is for travel as far as Rugeley TV (via Cannock).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is no Daytripper add-on valid on the train to Coleshill Parkway.

DEE-DE

This might be of use to you unless someone else has sent in a HS upgrade. This is basically one trip but onfurtunately P&O kept the outward ticket at Dover and East Coast didn't issue me with control tickets. Also got the tickets only like quarter of an hour or so before leaving so no scams possible before travelling.

Attachments

• London-Calais-ret-only.jpg
    London-Calais-ret-only.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 181
  • HS_Upgrade_london-Dover-OP-ret.jpg
    HS_Upgrade_london-Dover-OP-ret.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Dover-Calais-ret.jpg
    Dover-Calais-ret.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 162

hassaanhc

Established Member
A couple of weeks ago I managed to get hold of a Permit to Travel :D just scanned that in, better get a move on sending that and the other stuff I scanned a few weeks ago :lol:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Any interest in an image of an complementary voucher for £2.50 on the Cally Sleeper in the lounge car?

kristian

I dunno whether this is the right place to post this. I'm a fresher in collecting tickets. Does anyone know a guide of collecting UK railway tickets? All I know is a blur picture of the development of ticket from Aptis to Shere...
Cheers
Kristian
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And a question that I cannot find the answer on google. What is a "charter" ticket for? As I have a specimen of BR 4599/43 "charter" ticket and I've seen many other versions of charter ticket, but I absolutely have no idea what it is for. I believe some expert here must know the answer.
Cheers!

BurtonM

Charter tickets are, I think, for railtours or other types of organised travel in the BR days - I've got three of them. There are some scans of them I've posted up the thread.
They don't have seperate OUT and RTN portions, instead being marked OUT&RTN.

steamybrian

Established Member
I dunno whether this is the right place to post this. I'm a fresher in collecting tickets. Does anyone know a guide of collecting UK railway tickets? All I know is a blur picture of the development of ticket from Aptis to Shere...
Cheers
Kristian
Cheers!

There have been several books published on collecting railway tickets and I have three examples in my "library".

Railway and Tramway Tickets by G.Fairchild and P.Wootton (published 1987)
Collecting Railway Tickets from the British Mainland by Derek Harris (published 1989)
British Railway Tickets by Jan Bobrzynski published by Shire Books in 2011

The first two are long out of print but you may be able to purchase them through eBay, Amazon or secondhand book shops.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
How do I get tickets to you i have an East Miidlands Day Ranger and gold card record which accompanies my oyster. Do you want a scan of my oster as well?

That would be good. I will PM you the email address to send the scans to.

Status
Not open for further replies.