• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railuk Is a great site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
AJP said:
Im sure you wont be banned :lol:
Why. Aren't we allowed to talk about a website that was around long before this place yet has the same name?

Simming

And im being helpful to fellow users of this site, incase they wanted to find out up to date news or anything. how will that get me banned?

Nick

Indeed RailUK is an excellent resource for news.

jdjonnay

Too right, I just can't stop reading the article about;

Class 43 Loco Named
Class 43 43040 was named Bristol St. Philip's Marsh on 22 January 2003

It's such thrilling news. I'm off to read it again now :D

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Coxster said:
AJP said:
Im sure you wont be banned :lol:
Why. Aren't we allowed to talk about a website that was around long before this place yet has the same name?
Of course no-one will be banned for mentioning other sites.

I know some forums have a "no links" policy, but we don't have that, within reason.

Obviously, we don't allow spam though.

Simming's post is borderline spam, as all he's done is advertise the site, with no further comment. I won't delete it though.

Simming would certainly not be banned for something like this, I can assure you of that! But other things have happened that have, regrettably resulted in a ban.

metrocammel

In fact it could be argued that the creator of this site took the name from them?! (and I suppose if they knew about us, they could get bitchy?) , As it is extemely similar! tbh, id never heard of railuk.co.uk before now, but it seems OK.

Though once again this seems a pretty pointless thread, yet again..more mutiny on Rail UK!

T

Tom

We started a year after they stopped any work on the site... so I could safely say that we are safe.

Coxster

Established Member
I quite like this post. Perhaps it was meant as spam but that site is quite good reading :lol: Spam gone wrong? ;)

Jonno2055

I think its becuase he put too many swearwords in and put links to sites and was rude and stuff.

T

Tom

I'm no longer staff but the reason is quite clear and I believe has been said in other threads.

Simming was being a general pain across the board and has been on a loose tether for about a month and half now, the events of the past few days has caused the final ban. A few PM flinging between him and another member of the forum and then being a nuisance in other threads caused the final ban as far as I am aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.