• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUk Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
RailUk magazine: All the facts none of the speculation

The magazine allows you to read all the latest news and interesting news about transport all over the world right in your inbox without the need to trawl through the threads looking for the facts.

The magazine requires the following:

Four + writers
Editor
Graphics artists
Magazine directors

To highlight the main features of the jobs: The writers collect the facts about particular subjects or write articles on subjects not discussed at all or recently. The Editor spell checks and makes sure the article is at an acceptable standard. The graphics artists find appropiate images to use within the articles and the magazine directors decide what each issue should include and the organisation / layout of the magazine.

The ideal layout of the magazine would be the following:

A front cover highlighting magazine contents
A contents page
Advertisments section (member created adverts highlighting their forums or boards)

Railways (subdivided into United Kingdom and International)
London Underground
Light Rapid transport systems and Trams
Buses and other road transport
Aviation and Sea (If applicable)
Down the tracks (A look at the evolution of transport*)
Readers letters, photo galleries, competitions

*Can include articles on Steam, Trams, trolley buses e.c.t

Because everyone has previous commitments, a weekly or two weekly edition is not feasable. Logically an edition should be released every month or two months assuming the staff is dedicated.

Now you know the plan is anyone at all interested?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It might be a good venture to run alongside the railuk website. Okay, indeed there is a website with information and even though you have a lack of writers the magazine is offering a lot more. RailUk website is the up to date news dedicated so it seems nearly all to Britain. The magazine is for everything, past and present, British and European

T

Tom

Even so, I'm not interested at all to brand it under the RailUK name... if it had anything at all to do with RailUK or the name I'd want to see it before it goes out.

I'm quite happy to back the project, but not until we find writers for the main site.

tubechallenger said:
Even so, I'm not interested at all to brand it under the RailUK name... if it had anything at all to do with RailUK or the name I'd want to see it before it goes out.

I'm quite happy to back the project, but not until we find writers for the main site.

What if the writers for the magazine are writers for the website as well?
Both running in conjunction with the other.

T

Tom

I still have a feeling that they'll be swaed towards the mag TBH, dedicated writers for each would work better though... if articles were swapped around that would work too.

If we go for dedicated writers for each, they'd have to work together anyway on the articles being written but the magazine can have a bit saying:

For news on the latest train franchises see the main website RailUk

and the other way around:

For a great article on the Japanese bullet train see the RailUk magazine in your email inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.