• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway career advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbendle

Hi all, I’m new to this forum having only found out about it recently. I’m looking for any advice that I could use to help me get into a new career in the railway and just generally curious as to what I could expect in terms of progression and pay. I’m currently a vehicle technician but after 10 years in the trade I now what out of it. I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation as I find myself and whether a career in the railway is something I should consider.
Thanks in advance,
Kyle

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12guard4

Urmmm I think the railway is going to be changing alot in the next few years. What do you want to get into exactly?

wobman

On Moderation
All depends were you live or want to live, with your skill set I would look at rolling stock fitter roles. Lots of tocs are getting new units and thus there will be lots of jobs popping up at depots. There are lots of depots throughout the country and its a great part of the railway to get into

Kbendle

I’m pretty open to anything really, Anything maintenance related or maybe signalling. In the future I’d love to be a driver so anything that may help me get into it. I live in the mendips so plenty of quarries around here, I live very close to whatley, merehead and westbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.