• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway liveries on aeroplanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giugiaro

Out of curiosity, I was looking for railway companies that had some airline service or had their livery replicated on an aeroplane.

I only know of the Deutsch Bahn themed 737's from TUIfly, when DB launched their "Rail&Fly" initiative. I think other people may have photoshopped railway liveries onto aircraft, but haven't had much luck.

If anyone knows of more examples of this, both in reality and "fantasy", or even happened to have made some, be my guest.

DB Air One

TUIfly Boeing 737-800, special livery DB Air One
by Max, on Flickr

DB Air Two

DB AIR TWO
by Felix_8400, on Flickr

SNCF inOui, draft made by me as an example
SNCF.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Giugiaro

If Southwest was in any way related to the Stagecoach Group, that would be spot on.
But yeah, it's a close match. Easy to get both mixed.

After being a while, the inOui repaint actually looks pretty awesome. I might try to do more of these with other liveries.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Not quite what you're thinking of but South West airlines livery is virtually the same as South West Trains. Examples here (I hope!): https://www.google.com/search?q=sou...hWzsHEKHSDwCd4Q_AUoA3oECGcQAw&biw=360&bih=520

Sorry for the mad url.

If Southwest was in any way related to the Stagecoach Group, that would be spot on.
But yeah, it's a close match. Easy to get both mixed.

After being a while, the inOui repaint actually looks pretty awesome. I might try to do more of these with other liveries.
I recall watching some of the "Aircrash Investigation" videos on YouTube, and the United Airlines "Rainbow" orange/red/blue stripes looked fairly similar to the original Stagecoach colours. I wonder if Stagecoach was influenced by them?

Giugiaro

Just taking on the bandwagon concerning the polemic deconfinement strategy TAP Air Portugal is planning to take, with flights almost exclusively to Lisbon:

Not exactly an existing livery used on trains, but...

1590874000720.png
1590874012485.png

Union Pacific Corp. private jets (Challenger 300 & Falcon 2000 )

b11i5775.jpg

py_megapixel

Established Member
Not technically what you asked for, but....
South West Trains

Class_458520_at_Earley_station.jpg

South West Airlines

N8675A.jpg

The companies are unaffiliated with each other, they just happen to have similar names and liveries...

Status
Not open for further replies.