• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Memes and Rage Comics [WARNING: Thread contains plenty of cake...Mmm...Cake]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex17595

I loved this thread, but I'm rubbish at memes!

33k249.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

t o m

The joke is the grammar is wrong. There should be no apostrophe.

I guess now the joke is on me...

Last edited:

Wyvern

Established Member
The joke is the grammar is wrong. There should be no apostrophe.

I guess now the joke is on me...

Unless there is only one Grammar Nazi. That is "the Grammar Nazi is everywhere."

There was a news item I read yesterday which I cant quite remember (so I guess it wasn't important) but, because of a simple slip like this, you couldn't tell whether it meant one thing or exactly the opposite, and the context wasn't any help.

Last edited:

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Sorry. I've only just found this thread. Hilarious, except that I dont understand this one.

It was in response to bb21's correction of something in klambert's pic, which has now disappeared. And it is a plural apostrophe (which is just as logical as the genitive apostrophe).

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Really want the Fry image to do some memes, but these will do for silly-o-clock attempts!

Attachments

• 313s meme.jpg
    313s meme.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 136
  • iepmeme.jpg
    iepmeme.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 135

CC 72100

Established Member
^^ That sums up my experience over the summer with Flybe. Had to be over 60 minutes late for some sort of compensation. My flight arrived 'officially' 58 minutes late. Close, but no cigar :(

87019Chris

In light of WB64 farewell

cpfph.jpg

and I know a few who have said this about the tour (personally I commend virgin for running it!)
cpfs4.jpg

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just read through this thread - it's great stuff :lol:

Here's my contribution;

Attachments

• 54967248.jpg
    54967248.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 120

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
This is based on a few years ago when the Circle Line was a circle. This happened to me ALL the time at Paddington when I wanted to go straight to King's Cross or Liverpool Street and couldn't be **** to change at Edgware Road! :lol:

(I soon after decided to do the H&C instead)

Attachments

• CircleDistrict.jpg
    CircleDistrict.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 103

MCR247

Established Member
This is based on a few years ago when the Circle Line was a circle. This happened to me ALL the time at Paddington when I wanted to go straight to King's Cross or Liverpool Street and couldn't be **** to change at Edgware Road! :lol:

(I soon after decided to do the H&C instead)

Those screens wind me up every time I'm in London <(

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Those screens wind me up every time I'm in London <(

Not just me then!

I think one once I actually turned up and the first train was a through Circle line. Every other time I just got on the District's Edgware Road C stock service, only to be dumped on the Westbound side, then faff about going over the footbridge to the other side to continue on East!

The more you stare at those screen's, the longer it takes for the blasted thing to show a service :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Oh that was beyond awful! It seems slightly better these days, but likewise I will prefer to get a Hammersmith and City line train if going east. If I want to head towards Victoria and that general area, I'll go Bakerloo and Victoria lines!

Status
Not open for further replies.