• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Modelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simming

So anyone else here a Railway Modeller?

I would give you a list of what I jointly Own with my Dad, But I havn't got the time, nor do I know what we've got :roll:

All That I know that he Virtually Has Every Lima 60 :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
2 CT 158s
1 W&W 158
1 RR 158
1 CT 170
37408 (EWS)
1 LH 56
1 Grey 56
4x VT MK2s (TGS + 3 TSO's)
3X RR MK2s (TSO's)
MK3s
TRFB (VT)
TGS (VT)
TSO ( VT)

tramboy

I'm an OO Gauge modeller, although currently its packed away in the loft. I also have started in N Gauge (cos i have room for that at uni) having the "Bristolian" starter set, and CT 158 and 170...more hopefully soon!

Cheers

Dave

Coxster

Established Member
I some bits including:

Regional Railways 31
SWT 170
Regional Railways 158
RFD Red Stripe 47
RFD Red Stripe 58
Regional Railways Mk2s
Virgin Trains HST
And other bits and bobs...

The Snap

Established Member
I'm an 00 guage modeller and have been fopr about 4 years. You may want to see some pics: www.ricks-train-pics.fotoblog.co.uk

I have the following locos:
-Class 220 Virgin Voyager (My fav! :D )
-Class 170 Central Trains
-Virgin HST Set (Wiuth 2 standard cars and one 1st Class car)
-Horndy's 'Smokey Joe' (Don't know the class number, as it's steam)
-Bachmann British Railways Steam loco (Don't know the class number, as it's steam)
-Class 47 Virgin Trains

Consaidering I bought most myself, that's not bad going! :shock: :D

Hope you like it,
Thanks,

Julian G

Established Member
DVT in Virgin livery
MK3 coaches:MML, Two FGW,MK2 Brake Coach Virgin
DB Coach, DB DVT
Planning to get
One DVT
Class 90 both in Virgin,EWS and ONE?
Class 920001

The Snap

Established Member
1288gaje said:
DVT in Virgin livery
DB Coach, DB DVT
Planning to get
One DVT
Class 920001

You can now get 'ONE' stock from model shops, I noticed them in the Trafford Centre on Friday, they look very nice.
Wher does the 'ONE' company operate, just out of intrest?

Julian G

Established Member
RichardH said:
1288gaje said:
DVT in Virgin livery
DB Coach, DB DVT
Planning to get
One DVT
Class 920001

You can now get 'ONE' stock from model shops, I noticed them in the Trafford Centre on Friday, they look very nice.
Wher does the 'ONE' company operate, just out of intrest?
ONE operates the East Anglia,Anglia,Stansted Express
for more http://www.onerailway.com/

jd

RichardH said:
I'm an 00 guage modeller and have been fopr about 4 years. You may want to see some pics: www.ricks-train-pics.fotoblog.co.uk

-Bachmann British Railways Steam loco (Don't know the class number, as it's steam)
-Class 47 Virgin Trains

Hope you like it,
Thanks,

What guage is that, and how much do those Voyagers and stuff like that cost?

My grandad has a complicated layout set up in his loft, and hes got loads of trains, he built in carriage sidings to store them on, hes got raised bits, and automatic points switches, whole massive boards of them, which he made himself. I'm thinking of getting myself some sort of layout that will slide under the bed or something - I don't have much space!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If anyone has some pictures that'd be appreciated.

If anyone has a really good layout we could arrange a forum meet to see it? :?:

I used to be into modelling, and like the idea, but have no room for it.

Simming

Anyone Going Warley this Year?, I Should, all being well, be there, for both days, with our layout Morwenstow Riverside.

Although I wont Be able to stop and chat, or things can grind to a halt very quickly!

The Snap

Established Member
jdan said:
RichardH said:

-Class 47 Virgin Trains

Hope you like it,
Thanks,

What guage is that, and how much do those Voyagers and stuff like that cost?

My grandad has a complicated layout set up in his loft, and hes got loads of trains, he built in carriage sidings to store them on, hes got raised bits, and automatic points switches, whole massive boards of them, which he made himself. I'm thinking of getting myself some sort of layout that will slide under the bed or something - I don't have much space!

All my layout is 00 scale, and the Voyagers are around £100.00. Mine was £82.00 (non-tilt) from www.ehattons.co.uk. The tilting one is around £98.00 as you get an extra car and it tilts (dur!).

Have yo seen my photos, mine is under my bed. I have a cabin be which used to have drawers under it, but when my Mum said I had to get rid of it, I said I'd move the drwers and stick the layout under the bed! :D ;)

jd

RichardH said:
All my layout is 00 scale, and the Voyagers are around £100.00. Mine was £82.00 (non-tilt) from www.ehattons.co.uk. The tilting one is around £98.00 as you get an extra car and it tilts (dur!).

Have yo seen my photos, mine is under my bed. I have a cabin be which used to have drawers under it, but when my Mum said I had to get rid of it, I said I'd move the drwers and stick the layout under the bed! :D ;)

I see... I don't have a bed like that, I used to though. I have a normal frame bed, double, with more than 30cms between it and the floor, I was thinking of getting a board and putting wheels on it and having it literally come out from under the bed when I wanted to use it. I'd say £100 is quite a bit to spend on a model train though!

The Snap

Established Member
jdan said:
RichardH said:

I see... I don't have a bed like that, I used to though. I have a normal frame bed, double, with more than 30cms between it and the floor, I was thinking of getting a board and putting wheels on it and having it literally come out from under the bed when I wanted to use it. I'd say £100 is quite a bit to spend on a model train though!

I had the idea of wheel, but you need to make sure that your models can still stay upright (without getting flattened when put back under, I mean).

Yes, £100 is a bit expensive, but you have to admit, it does look GREAT!!!!, don't you think?? :D
(Anyway, I got it for Xmas, one of about 5 smaller presents! ;) , so that Xmas wasn't that dear! :P )

Cheers for your intrest,

jd

Yeah they do look good, the CT one too. *doesn't know what to think now*

Status
Not open for further replies.