• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway photography in Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjm0512

Hi all; I'm going to Belgium in a few days, and wondered if anyone on here could give me some advice.

I wondered if anyone has done any railway photography in Belgium (or in that part of Europe) over the past 18 months - especially in light of recent events - or anyone who's ever photographed trains in Belgium at all.

I love to take pictures of trains and whilst it'll only be at stations, not in fields or anything, I would hate to get pulled up for it, because I can appreciate the situation at the minute is quite tense. Hopefully you can tell (even by me just posting this message) that I'm quite a conscientious trainspotter.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
It is some years since I last visited Belgium, so I can't answer the "recent" bit, but I haven't heard of anyone having encountered any problems. Certainly I never had any problems myself.

Obviously the usual common sense rules such as not using flash, not getting in the way, not standing too close to the platform edge and so on will all help...

pjm0512

It is some years since I last visited Belgium, so I can't answer the "recent" bit, but I haven't heard of anyone having encountered any problems. Certainly I never had any problems myself.

Obviously the usual common sense rules such as not using flash, not getting in the way, not standing too close to the platform edge and so on will all help...

Thanks a lot - really appreciate your response :).

Quakkerillo

I regularly see people standing at the far ends of platforms taking pictures here, mostly at Antwerpen Berchem Northside (large variety of trains, including diesel, Thalys, and goods), and Brussels South Southern side where you can see some Thalys/TGV/ICE/Eurostar services apart from regular Belgian trains and the IC Brussels-Amsterdam.

Welly

I photographed trains in Belgium as well and never had any problem whatsoever. Oh, you will find several locomotives quite attractive!

Status
Not open for further replies.