• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Quizzes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSE

Established Member
Hey guys,

Firstly, apologies, I guess this should be in the quiz section but I wasn't able to post there. So mods, if you feel it should be moved, please do :)

Recently found the website Sporcle. Many of you may know it, it has quizzes on just about every subject uploaded by users. But it has some good train ones. I managed to name all Virgins stations, but was missing about 15 Southern ones and 30 SWT ones. On the busiest 300 stations in the UK I managed over half in the 15 minutes allocated. Its a bit of fun, so post up your results see who needs to get out more, sorry I mean the best ;)

http://www.sporcle.com/search/?p=2&s=train+stations&pub=0&sb=0

Also the premier league ones are good, all time scorers and appearances etc. or music, so enjoy :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Firstly, apologies, I guess this should be in the quiz section but I wasn't able to post there. So mods, if you feel it should be moved, please do :)

In the first instance, if this remains a discussion, rather than a quiz or game in itself, then its fine here. If it becomes a competition or contest in itself then we may indeed review whether it should be in Quizzes and Games, and subject to the rules of that section.

NSE

Established Member
In the first instance, if this remains a discussion, rather than a quiz or game in itself, then its fine here. If it becomes a competition or contest in itself then we may indeed review whether it should be in Quizzes and Games, and subject to the rules of that section.

yeah thats fine mate, I tried posting it there but it said I wasn't allowed to do so. Not sure why, I've never broken rules etc. But yeah, whatever you wanna do, no worries :)

Parallel

Established Member
I just tried the FGW one, and managed to get 141 out of 258. Much harder than I anticipated!!

GatwickDepress

Established Member
38/38 on the Clapham Junction one. I suspect I've waited long enough for trains there that the destinations have managed to ingrain themselves into me.

145/220 on the Southern network one, remembered all the stations on my line except one! Gah!

Nice to do in the evening, thanks for sharing, NSE.

NSE

Established Member
It was the Uckfield and West Coastway that got me. I did the Clapham one, but its not always accurate. I didn't get Highbury and Islington cause it didn't have Exeter or Salisbury down only Yeovil, and had Southampton listed as a terminator, of which I think only Southern terminate off peak at Soton. Ahh either way, it annoys me how many I missed :P

Gathursty

Established Member
I got 245 on the FGW all stations quiz. I always forget the Gatwick Airport route.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
yeah thats fine mate, I tried posting it there but it said I wasn't allowed to do so. Not sure why, I've never broken rules etc. But yeah, whatever you wanna do, no worries :)

Only forum staff and the Quizmasters have permission to post in the Quiz and Games area... [thread=62533]Click here[/thread] for more information.

TP

Hellfire

I thought I'd get all the Cornish stations but forgot about the Bodmin to Wenford.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I thought I'd get all the Cornish stations but forgot about the Bodmin to Wenford.

Status
Not open for further replies.