• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Verbal Communication Exercise need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondenonbimbo

Hello,
SWT and they have invited me to do a Railway Verbal Communication Exercise.

I have googled around looking for information about this and I found a few vauge threads and a opc link http://www.theopc.co.uk/tests/transport/detail.jsp?gfx1&id=41

Also i found a link to amazon trying to sell a help book for 17.99 on the subject which I cant really afford as I have had to spent 100 quid on a hotel for the night before the test in Basignstoke.

So I was wondering if we could start a collection of information on this 1 test as there is so much informaton avalible on all the other tests.

So if anyone can help me out (i know what to expect) but my handwriting and note taking is so so slow im worried I will not be able to keep up with the tape, I am working on my penmanship but it has never been a strong point for me.

So far on this forum I found a post bu Audbey saying its a red car on a crossing , does the train hit this car? whats the head code of the train? what stations was it going to and from and where did it hit the train .

Anyway thanks for any info I would like to go prepared as my handwriting /note taking skills are poor

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hydro

Established Member
With the greatest respect, you're essentially asking for the answers. The idea of the test is to determine how you receive, process and then communicate information in an emergency situation. You cannot ask for the details in advance, as that defeats the object. You're supposed to determine what is going on from the tape, not from going in potentially pre-armed with the information.

Blondenonbimbo

With the greatest respect, you're essentially asking for the answers. The idea of the test is to determine how you receive, process and then communicate information in an emergency situation. You cannot ask for the details in advance, as that defeats the object. You're supposed to determine what is going on from the tape, not from going in potentially pre-armed with the information.

all other tests our widely out there or u can buy it from amazon lol

Last edited:

driver9000

Established Member
Maybe you would be better working on your writing or note taking skills instead of looking for the test answers if you're worried about them? It is up to you to be able to read you own writing and what you make a note of in order to answer the questions. Listen to the tape, if it sounds important then jot it down. How would you cope in a real world situation where you had to quickly make note of an incident? As hydro says, you won't be prearmed with the answers then.

Blondenonbimbo

Maybe you would be better working on your writing or note taking skills instead of looking for the test answers if you're worried about them? It is up to you to be able to read you own writing and what you make a note of in order to answer the questions. Listen to the tape, if it sounds important then jot it down. How would you cope in a real world situation where you had to quickly make note of an incident? As hydro says, you won't be prearmed with the answers then.

Yes i think i will work on my note taking skills some more

Status
Not open for further replies.