• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Waistcoats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

In responce to an Article in the Northampton & Lamport Railway's magazine, Premier Line, I am planning to make myself smarter than just just wearing Jeans and the Railway's Polo Shirt. I have shirt, trousers and Shoes, but the Waistcoat confuses me, has anyone got a picture of their Waistcoat I could use as a helper photo for when I go get one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

I know what Zoltan's reply will be if someone posts a photo of me.

Tom B

Established Member
If you look in the back of a recent magazine (The Railway Magazine and Heritage Railway usually carry it) there's an advert for a company called JN Beesley who do items of railway uniform.

Nick

Most Preserved Railways have uniform stores, of donated British Railways/pre BR uniform. We do at the GCR, but having so many volunteers leaves a Catch 22 situation of "not enough to go around".

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Not many railways have that Nick, it's just some that have more than enough Uniform, it's just that we seem to get more than enough BR Topcoats than Waistcoats and Jackets, annoying really.

Nick

Sorry Damon, I expect (not trying to be big headed here) cause the GCR started back so long ago (early 1970) that the uniforms we're from teh original staff and we've relied on donations for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.