• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railways in music videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisA

Kindda combining two interests here and not totally unrailway related, but i think this is the most relevant place to put it.

How often to railways feature (even for a brief second) in music videos. I've spotted two since i started looking. (Which was about yesterday!) Anyway, they are The Subways - No Goodbyes, where a man boards a C Stock train at Edgware Road (Circle, District or H&C) and Interpol - Obstacle 1. (Actually, Obstacle 1 is mostly just filmed in an empty subway station!) If anyone knows any others i'd be interested to see them!

(And if you fancy looking at the videos i mentioned go here: http://www.interpolnyc.com/video.php and here http://www.thesubways.net/flash.php)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Sprinter said:
Not forgetting Prodigy's "Firestarter" video, which was filmed in the disused Aldwych tunnel
aye thats a good example - I know of a song that features a swt desiro in it but can't think of it at the second!

devon_metro

Established Member
IIRC there awas an alex parks video filmed on the Jubilee platform at Charing X, aswell as the new madonna video filmed on a 96 ts with silver hand rails!

jd

dvn1357 said:
IIRC there awas an alex parks video filmed on the Jubilee platform at Charing X, aswell as the new madonna video filmed on a 96 ts with silver hand rails!
Damn, you posted both the ones I thought of! :P

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Not actually a video but just a song by Porcupine Tree, named.. you guessed it.. Trains!

Throughout their Deadwing album there is various railway sounds, the intro for the title track has an announcer saying "Mind the Gap" before launching into the main song.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
ChrisA said:
...How often to railways feature (even for a brief second) in music videos. ...

Beat these! ;)

Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar. 100% rail related, very cleverly done. A must see!

Lasgo - Something. Filmed at a railway station in Germany, it features plenty of (loco hauled!) trains.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone know if there's a video for this?

3810173.JPG

metrocammel

Theres a MSP song filmed at Euston showing IC 86's & 87's coming in and out, but it was a long time since ive seen it.

Also, from my "favourite" era, is ABC's "All of my Heart", the opening scene shows a night scene with a class 501 "London Broad Street" slamdoor units. As the song was released in 1984, it must have been filmed a very short time before they were withdrawn, being replaced by 313's.

Theres also an 80's song by some Glasgow band, which shows a 303 going over a viaduct.

and of course theres the 1979 Chris Rea song Deltics

"Burlington zephyrs
And kenworths that pass in the night
Deltics and steamers and f88's in full flight
Old train take me back again
To the one that i love
Deltics"

The record sleeve to this song has a picture of the Deltic Prototype on it, but I have never seen a video (dont know if one exists)

Ta,
James - Metcam

metrocammel

And also, Ive just been thinking, though cannot thing of one that fits the description, but are there any S, A & W records, like one of Kylie's songs that feature trains in them, as Pete Waterman is a big rail enthusiast (as Im sure you all know he owns LNWR at Crewe, plus he has some model company as well) so Im sure he's tried to fit a train somwhere in one of the records he's produced.

Well all I know is that he's signed my "Heart of England 3 in 7!" :lol:

MetCam.

Status
Not open for further replies.