• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ralph wiggum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yew

Established Member
Hey all, I've just borded an awful pacer (3+2 seats. Lots of graffiti.). And guess what the guards name badge said? Ralph wiggum. :) (I would post a Simpsons picture here. But I'm on my iPhone )

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asylumxl

Established Member
:lol: I wonder if it was his real name. That'd be something.

P.S. My avatar has been Ralph Wiggum for a considerable amount of time before this thread :)

button_boxer

Established Member
Pseudonyms on staff badges are nothing new, you get it in many industries and for all sorts of reasons. There's no reason why a staff badge has to show a real name just as long as the employer can identify the individual member of staff from the information on their badge (for example in the case of a customer complaint).

Yew

Established Member
He was really friendly too. I would go onto northern stars if I wasn't afraid he might get in trouble if it is a fake name. And this pacer is waay old school, it even has roof mounted heating.

deltic1989

Established Member
"My cats breath smells like catfood". :lol:

Nicknames arent uncommon on name badges. When I worked for McDonalds my badge said 'cartman' Because I do a passable impersonation of Eric Cartman from South Park.and when I joined the Navy My name tape on my foul weather jaket said MA(T) Chris ('COBS') Webster, In hommage to my last name being Webster and it standing for (C**k on board ship) because i was a bit of a player in those days.

Eng274

I was served at the onboard train shop by a lady called "Gerry" recently :lol:

..And the Burger King at Kinross services had an employee called '"Ronald McDonald" back in 2002 :D I kid you not!

I've been lucky enough to get my own name or a sensible male alternative name for all my past menial nametag jobs, some of my ex-colleagues weren't always so fortunate!

And my name is a potential minefield of spelling errors! (JAMIE, not Jaime, Jaimie or Jaymie!!!)

Ivo

Established Member
You... choo-choo-choose me? :p

On the subject of "fake" name tags, my sister's friend in ASDA back home had a different name on three consecutive days!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Used to absolutely hate this character in The Simpsons, many a time I wanted to jump inside my TV screen and tell him to shut up and / or go away.

SS4

Established Member
Is there a reason my ears are burning here?

I have worked under many a different name before, mainly because I don't want anyone to link it back to me again later...

No, I just think it would have been amusing for an irate customer to say that particular name :lol:

Nym

Established Member
Perhaps they'd call the new improved emergency services to say that Ralph Wigum had hit them over the head with a bardic lamp? If they could remember the number

Yew

Established Member
Is that the 0118915 something number off of the it crowd?

At Tesco one of my mates has been walking around with one of my old name badges for the last 6 months, then lost the badge, so now has another of my badges.

Nym

Established Member
It's all well and good until you swap airside passes with one of your staff for a laugh to see how long it is before you're spotted, then you get to one of the retinal scanners, and you're like... Ohhhh...

scotsman

Established Member
Of course, there is the famous "The Ram" - the Manchester Train Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.