• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Random Class 377 Thameslink Movements at Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal_gee_man

Good morning, I'm a long time lurker, but a first time poster so please be kind!
11.25 today a Thameslink liveried 377 train with Southern seats arrived at Canterbury West unannounced! No passengers or destination signage, is this a sign that the Class 700s have come fully into force and they are cascading unused rolling stock to SE Railway to help cope with addition demand on commuter services?20171028_112947.jpg 20171028_112907.jpg 20171028_112850.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Metal_gee_man

Thanks, I hadn't been keeping an eye out for them tbh, but I'm 3 months late to the party as per! Lol

Metal_gee_man

Yes i just spotted it as i pulled into Ashford, there was also a 377 in SE livery with Southern seats, I must have buried my head in the sand missing all of these trains appearing in service! There are 2 still stabled up at the Ashford Depot in TL colours as well, hey if it improves passenger journeys sod it I couldn't care what colour the seats are or what they look like on the outside!

physics34

Established Member
Yes i just spotted it as i pulled into Ashford, there was also a 377 in SE livery with Southern seats, I must have buried my head in the sand missing all of these trains appearing in service! There are 2 still stabled up at the Ashford Depot in TL colours as well, hey if it improves passenger journeys sod it I couldn't care what colour the seats are or what they look like on the outside!

The thameslink 377s are getting blue vinyls for the doors and southeastern logos. Some have already been treated. The bodyside colour is slightly different to SE375s though, but obviously a close enough colour that its not immediately obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.