• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Random thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaleCooper

Established Member
Even by your standards thats painful.

timthumb.php

Oh, do stop crowing you lot...

Off topic, neither chickens nor crows are seabirds. Instead of ducking the question swallow your pride and let's have no moor hen pictiures.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
As punishment you must come up with six appropriate seabird puns or double entendres.

Gully, that's a tall order. I gannet see myself managing murre than a reference to a masked booby, after that I'll be puffin with no more petrel in the tank.

Your tern.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Some amazing lightening flashing about in the distance tonight. Very atmospheric, it's been going on since lunchtime. I love it. Hopefully there'll be some flashing and banging tonight (over to you there Dale).

Went to the pub tonight and ate our dinner outside in the garden. The seagulls were being a bit agro. They ransacked the table next to us for scraps after the people had left and then slowly turned around and stared at us with menace in their eyes.
I've got to say that it made me feel a bit uncomfortable. The barmaid told us to be wary of them as they've been known to fly in and snatch food from people while they've been eating. It wasn't the most relaxing meal...
A guy a couple of tables away got up to shoo one away (literally, he tried to kick it), unfortunately the grass was wet and he fell over. Although I laughed myself I felt it was a bit unfair of the people on the table next to him to laugh as loudly as they did. At least he couldn't have actually heard me laughing.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
My bugbear tonight is the insect population (pun was unintentional). The temperature has dropped a little bit, and I've got a nice gentle breeze wafting through the house, but it's bringing in lots of visitors, including a wasp.

Spiders are fine (I know, technically not insects), as is just about anything else, but my irrational hatred for wasps kicked in and there was a five-minute frenzy while I ensured its disposal.

najaB

Veteran Member
Went to the pub tonight and ate our dinner outside in the garden. The seagulls were being a bit agro. They ransacked the table next to us for scraps after the people had left and then slowly turned around and stared at us with menace in their eyes.

I've got to say that it made me feel a bit uncomfortable. The barmaid told us to be wary of them as they've been known to fly in and snatch food from people while they've been eating. It wasn't the most relaxing meal...
Be thankful you aren't up here. Our seagulls look like they would pull a knife on you to get your chips...

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
My bugbear tonight is the insect population (pun was unintentional). The temperature has dropped a little bit, and I've got a nice gentle breeze wafting through the house, but it's bringing in lots of visitors, including a wasp.

Spiders are fine (I know, technically not insects), as is just about anything else, but my irrational hatred for wasps kicked in and there was a five-minute frenzy while I ensured its disposal.

That's interesting you say that Gus because we don't seem to have had many wasps this year and I was thinking about starting a society for the protection of them called 'Wasps Are Nice Kind Entirely Reasonable Sweathearts' to try and get public attitudes to change about them.
I mean I almost miss them actually. Have they all gone up to you?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Be thankful you aren't up here. Our seagulls look like they would pull a knife on you to get your chips...

Yes but where have all the wasps gone? Have you got them all up there?

Amazing fork lightening here tonight. I'm going to try and get a photo.
If I'm not back in ten minutes remember me.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
That's interesting you say that Gus because we don't seem to have had many wasps this year and I was thinking about starting a society for the protection of them called 'Wasps Are Nice Kind Entirely Reasonable Sweathearts' to try and get public attitudes to change about them.

I've not seen many around either. On reflection, I'm not even 100% certain it was a wasp. If it was, and no-one has seen any recently, could I possibly have wiped out the last one?

How is your society going. Is it being set up as a mutual organisation? :D

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've not seen many around either. On reflection, I'm not even 100% certain it was a wasp. If it was, and no-one has seen any recently, could I possibly have wiped out the last one?

How is your society going. Is it being set up as a mutual organisation? :D

It's not going that well to be honest. Not a very good take up.
It's going better than my idea of taking photos of fork lightening though.

I mean what even is this? Is that a tree? I don't even know if it's the right way up.
I'm off to bed for a long hard look at where my life's going.

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 18

DaleCooper

Established Member

I heard about 'Wasps Are Nice Kind Entirely Reasonable Sweathearts' and guessed you had a hand in it, you should get together with those other organisations 'Striped Hymenoptera Are Great' and 'The Wasps Are Threatened Species'.

DaleCooper

Established Member
Some amazing lightening flashing about in the distance tonight. Very atmospheric, it's been going on since lunchtime. I love it. Hopefully there'll be some flashing and banging tonight (over to you there Dale).

I was disturbed by the lightning as well. A loud discharge caused me to toss in bed, it's usually the other way around.

Strat-tastic

Established Member

No I realised just today that I haven't seen any either this year.

Unlike last year when about 5 of them came into my bedroom during the evening and spent the night behind my headboard. About 4 in the morning I got up to go to the loo and put on the light above my headboard. I got back into bed, turned off the light, but kept hearing buzzing sounds by my ear and what seemed like below my pillow. That was a rude awakening I can tell you! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.