• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek

Please could somene explain in detail the ranking system here ie 'Passenger' 'Director' etc. thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

It's based on postcount ... you'll find out when you get each one when they appear

Bighat

It's based on postcount ... you'll find out when you get each one when they appear

Hardly a full and helpful answer to what appeared to be a serious enquiry! Smacks of 'I know something, but I'm not telling you' playground chatter. One would hope for better from a RailUK staff member!

T

Tom

Andy, if you look very carefully I answered his question in my first four words. Be ye blind? ;)

Bighat

Andy, if you look very carefully I answered his question in my first four words. Be ye blind? ;)

Nay, far from it Tom. Yes, you gave out LIMITED information, but I read the enquiry to go beyond that.

Nowhere on RUK are the 'categories' listed, or at WHAT POINT in the postcount a new level is 'achieved'.

IMHO such 'titles' are, in any case, elitist, and only encourage those who are impressed by such things, to make pointless posts to achieve a 'higher' level.

Finally, the retention of these categories can cause people of such persuasion to use otherwise harmless pusuits such as 'Station Name Game' for this purpose.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Finally, the retention of these categories can cause people of such persuasion to use otherwise harmless pusuits such as 'Station Name Game' for this purpose.

That won't work, as postcounts do not increase in the "Word games" forum.

T

Tom

In contradiction to your post Andy, if you are against the ranking system, then why do you want a list of the ranks?

I provided a list elsewhere on the site I'm sure...

OK I couldn't find it so...

Passenger - 0
First Class Passenger - 30
Platform Staff - 80
Ticket Seller - 100
CSA - 150
Station Supervisor - 200
Group Manager - 250
Driver - 280
Signaller - 320
Manager - 400
Director - 600
Exec. Director - 1000
FOC Owner - 1250
TOC Owner - 1600
Works for the DfT - 2000 ;)))
Transport Minister - 2400
Prime Minister - 3000
Posts a bit too much... - 3500
Posts far too much... - 5000

Coxster

Established Member
I'm the highest 'normal' member with the second highest level (albeit dating back from my moderating days!) - not that it actually matters I s'pose ;)

*Looks back at utter crap posted by himself - starting with this!*

Derek

The list provided by Tom was the answer I was looking for. I asked the question out of general lnterest and didn't want to make a big thing out of it by asking Tom to elaborate.

eezypeazy

Who would be sad enough to post meaningless posts just to try and improve his ranking......

....er, forget I said that........

eezypeazy

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It seems to me that Tom has avoided the issue in the past for certain reasons, The surprise has been spoiled now :( ;)

theblackwatch

Established Member
It seems to me that Tom has avoided the issue in the past for certain reasons, The surprise has been spoiled now :( ;)

I presume Tom has the ability to alter the settings if he wishes, and create that element of surprise again!

T

Tom

Indeed I can quite easily modify the settings for the ranks.

For instance, there is now a special rank if you have 442 posts. ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Off topic: That piccy in your sig Tom - is the train grubby or is it just a silly effect you've added to it? That song by 'Europe' would be a perfect tune for it!

T

Tom

Effect I added to the photo...

I'm putting together a video now and will go up on youtube soon...

Coxster

Established Member
After this morning's events it could have been any number of people who got hold of a certain string of letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.