• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

*rant* people who can't handle their drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

seiryuu

Was on the way to Clapham Junction today at about 5PM, and to my surprise there were three lads who were already completely plastered (unless they're still going from ST Patrick's Day).

One bloke went into the toilet next to me, while the others stumbled up and down the train looking for another toilet. In the end they didn't find one, so they wait outside the one the other bloke is in.

He comes out and again to the carriages surprise, BOTH of the men walk in:lol:.
We hear some stomping of drunken feet, before the door slowly unlocks, they both walk out while one proudly announces to the carriage that he's p*ssed in the sink:roll:.

I feel bad for the guard sometimes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
May I advise you don't go looking at websites that have adult content, there is a lot of these kind of videos on there of much worse happening. At least he didn't use the floor of the toilet, carriage, or a seat, or another passenger..

seiryuu

May I advise you don't go looking at websites that have adult content, there is a lot of these kind of videos on there of much worse happening. At least he didn't use the floor of the toilet, carriage, or a seat, or another passenger..

Actually i disagree about the floor of the toilet.. :)

I've seen much worse myself due to my previous job, i just thought it was an amusing story, not intended as a whining post..

*edit* on second thought i probably shouldn't have named this thread as *rant*

Oracle

Established Member
Drunks on trains are as old as trains themselves. Backj in the early 60s a friend of ours was a BTP WPC and married to another BTP officer. She said that a guard had complained at Clpaham Junction about a drunk. The train stopped, and the WPC opened the door and demanded that he got out. He refused, and so she reached in and grabbed his legs and pulled him onto the platform!

Crimson_Quiff

Drunks and trains go hand in hand, unfortunetly! I've been there myself! Thankfully, I've got wiser* with age and don't drink as much as I used to!

* - Hmm, yeah right! :P

LE Greys

Established Member
GNR bylaw from the 1860s:

"Anyone found on our trains or stations in a state of intoxication may be subject to a fine not in excess of forty shillings..."

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Come and join me on Friday night when I do the 2327 to Kingston, some of that sights we see are awful, I just don't know why people have so little self respect that they allow themselves to become an incoherent dribbling mess when out in public. And naturally it will be my fault they missed their stop and can't get home!

Yew

Established Member
According to the Bank of England inflation calculator, £199:52

Thats interesting, if you take the exchange rate from 'Decimal day' It comes out at £2. so its almost 100 times that. :)

Oracle

Established Member
40 Bob or £2 would according to my online calculator that I use be worth:

In 2010, £2 0s 0d from 1860 is worth:

£147.00 using the retail price index

£1,220.00 using average earnings

A lot of money!

For the benefit if youngsters, my three-mile child's bus trip to school in west London was 6d or 2 1/2 pence after Decimal Day so say 1 shilling then 5 pence for an adult. That's 55 pence in today's money. Shows you how much fares have adjusted!

Status
Not open for further replies.