• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rate the Class 47

Rate the Class 47

• Exceptionally Poor

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

• Allright

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Good

• Very Good

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Exceptionally Good

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

IMO, seeing as the loco is freeware, and someone has gone to the effort of making this in there free time, I dont think there should be a poll, as you dont usually get reviews of freeware stuff.

however, the 47 in my opinion is great, sure the handles aint animated, but Im not bothered one bit when Your only driving it for those spoon sounds!

Jordy

Established Member
You want to be careful with polls like this, i've seen it before where someone has stopped creating content (for trainz) due to a few nasty comments on a poll...

Jordy

Boxcars

My favourite is the HST. Nobody would mind me saying that, nothing wrong with having favourites, we all have them. I love the 47 too, in fact all BVE trains are great. I don't agree with polls for freeware. I'm just grateful that people give up their free time for the benefit of others.

The Snap

Established Member
I voted for Exceptionally Good, as it is! However, I have seen polls regarding BVE before, and they have ended up in arguments. I'd suggest not doing polls for freeware, as authors may stop creating whenever they want if the take offence to some comments. Payware is different, however. ;)

Guinness

Established Member
Although I think (and the majority) of people think the 47 is good I don't think polls like this are the best idea. The authors aren't paid to make the product in BVE and if their work isn't the best (e.g. dodgy cab animation that bring the quality of the train down) the last thing the author needs is 15 votes saying "Awful"?

Polls like this are acceptable for Commerical Products because you might want a general public opinion before you actually pay for it!

I think if there is going to be a poll like this then the negative options should be removed altogether or replaced with 'I have a different opinion'.

You see my point? :)

- Edited: Change of wording in some places

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Chaz said:
I think if there is going to be a poll like this then the negative options should be removed altogether or replaced with 'I have a different opinion'.

We're in England, we have freedom of speech!

richa2002

Established Member
Chaz said:
Depends on the Terrorism Act mind you.
Just shows what kind of country this is turning into while the Government use terrorism to bring in rules which restrict our freedom.

Coxster

Established Member
I think we're getting a bit off topic - it's gone from the Class 47 to terrorism!

nutter

Coxster said:
I think we're getting a bit off topic - it's gone from the Class 47 to terrorism!

It's not that far off topic if you live next to a route which had 47's going down it in the past, they're that loud at 3am when all you want is to sleep, whilst trying to stay cool by leaving the window open

the 47 is one of my favorites, with the only way the could improve it been adding the smell of diesel burning in the engine

WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED (of any BVE project)

Status
Not open for further replies.