• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RDG Changes to Retail Policies from Monday 7th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
ACW have replied to me confirming that my ticket should have been accepted on their services as ticket acceptance was indeed in place. They have issued a £20 Rail Travel Voucher. Their reply is below.

"Thank you for getting in touch concerning your experience at London Euston on 28 August 2020. I am really sorry to learn of the problems that you have had at the station, having been refused travel on one of our services, following the cancellation of your intended London Northwestern Railway service. As you are aware, there was cross-ticket acceptance in place at this time, and so I am really sorry that this has not been adhered to by our station staff, and I regret the inconvenience that this has caused you. Rest assured that the details of your complaint have been made available to the relevant management team to make them aware of the issues that you have experienced on this occasion. As a gesture of goodwill in view of your experience on this occasion, we would like to offer you the enclosed National Rail Travel Voucher for £20.00, which is valid for 12 months. You can use your voucher at any staffed station. Pop to the ticket office, and they'll be able to get your ticket sorted. Or call our Telesales team on 0345 528 0253 (option 5). If you're booking by phone, you need to get in touch with us at least 14 days before you travel. Vouchers can't be used to book tickets on our website. *Calls to this number cost no more than a normal national rate call, and are usually included in your minutes allowance. Thank you for getting in touch, and I hope that we can welcome you on board an Avant West Coast service in future. Yours sincerely"

I also received a response to my FOI request. In this I obtained a copy of the RDG issued staff briefing that applied on my day of travel. I attach a copy of it to the thread. You will see it is stated on page 1:

"2. Cross-ticket acceptance – TOC-specific routed tickets may be used on any TOC services between the same start and end station, group or Zone. Depending on ticket type, normal Peak/Off-Peak time restrictions will still apply, and Advance ticket holders should be permitted travel on other TOCs if the original booked service has been delayed or cancelled. London Underground and DLR services are currently not included in this acceptance."

Attachments

• Staff Brief- Refund Policy Changes (coronavirus) UPDATE.pdf
    231.7 KB · Views: 22
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.