• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RDG plans to stop split ticketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
It's still one journey! This is an important distinction as it would affect your rights if it wasn't.

Indeed. I did know that, but should have made it clearer.

Some train companies would prefer that, as their trains are at capacity.
They know they can raise prices so high that many people will be lost to rail, but there will be enough people who have no other choice, all paying extortionate sums, so they still meet revenue targets.

Herein lies the problem!

I agree but the train companies don't see it that way. They also do not mind if the overall rail market or the reputation of rail is damaged.

Customer Service has never been their strong suit, and they do live in their own bubble. This was as true in BR days as it is now. I do feel the only advantage of removing government subsidy is that if they had to stand on their own two feet they may realise that customer service is the way to go...but I doubt they would. Instead choosing the bleed the those with no choice. At least with subsidy the taxpayer can moan about them, and they are at least a little bit accountable. But the reduction in service (Northern strikes) and the increase in fares (mainly XC) has meant we have purchased a car. As they are the two TOCs we mainly used.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
As a left of centre proposal, I wonder if a way to 'merge' split tickets into one through ticket could be implemented? Clearly it would effectively require the generation of a custom ticket with a non-standard fare printed as the price, but could alleviate the need to carry multiple tickets, and would benefit those who show the ticket on their smartphone. It would probably have to be sold as an advance ticket, fixed to a certain itinerary.

Presently it is the case that to calculate a through Advance fare the same quota level has to be available for the entire journey. This tends to mean that splitting Advances is cheaper than a through Advance. I believe one of the actual proposals is/was to change that so you would calculate the fare based on the quota level *actually* available for each journey segment, which would have the effect of doing exactly that. As you might imagine I'm in favour of this.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
But the reduction in service (Northern strikes) and the increase in fares (mainly XC) has meant we have purchased a car. As they are the two TOCs we mainly used.

I think Northern and XC being poorly-managed dross (can anyone see what there is in common there?) is secondary to me from their fares. Overcrowding on XC is a far greater issue than fares.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Presently it is the case that to calculate a through Advance fare the same quota level has to be available for the entire journey. This tends to mean that splitting Advances is cheaper than a through Advance. I believe one of the actual proposals is/was to change that so you would calculate the fare based on the quota level *actually* available for each journey segment, which would have the effect of doing exactly that. As you might imagine I'm in favour of this.
This is one proposal I'm tentatively in favour of, with the proviso that it would make the Advance fare structure even more complicated than it already is.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I am not prepared to pay more for a fare for the perceived greater good

No one does. It is an understandable phenomenon that very few people are willing to do that. I don't think it is necessarily out of selfishness. Times are hard and money doesn't fall out of the sky for people.

The notion that such reforms such be 'revenue neutral' is a significant limitation to the ambition of a reform. The railway already has the one of the highest, if not the highest, ratios of fare box revenue to government expenditure in Europe so there ought to be sufficient taxpayers money allocated to successfully implement reforms that don't penalise split ticket users. If anything the increased patronage may make the reforms revenue neutral anyway!

Indeed it is a barrier to more substantial reforms and innovation. What you said about fare box revenue versus government funding is all well and good, but you need to be able to persuade the government that the current balance is not benefiting the industry or the country.

If anything the increased patronage may make the reforms revenue neutral anyway!

This isn't in any way guaranteed, unless you substantially reduce many fares, which brings with itself other problems.

Fares policy simply cannot exist on its own. There are other aspects of the network which need to be considered alongside. Also current revenue forecasts are mostly with quite ambitious outlook, to put it mildly, so further growth on top may not be realistic.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
This is one proposal I'm tentatively in favour of, with the proviso that it would make the Advance fare structure even more complicated than it already is.

I don't think that hugely matters, as except to those of us with a specific interest in fares structures, Advances are purchased like easyJet fares - you do your search and find a train priced at an acceptable price, there is no need to actually understand the fares structure. easyJet still has fares buckets like other airlines do, they're just hidden because all of them have the same T&C.

Walk-up fares are quite different (and more difficult) because it is necessary for the users of them to understand their validity in order to get the most from them.

thedbdiboy

"Most of the split ticketing opportunities that exist now are due to the actions of train companies who aim to charge a much higher price than BR did. It is not BR who are responsible for the 'anomalies' by and large but the likes of TPE, XC and others who have distorted the market by raising fares that they set to a level that is well above fares set by other operators (yet still valid on the more expensive TOC)."

The point I have repeatedly made is that these are Government contracts; where government has not regulated fares it is not because they have decided to let the TOC 'get away' with higher fare increases, it is because they have deliberately chosen to encourage fares to be priced up to reduce the subsidy or increase the premium paid. I am not arguing with anything you say about what has happened; the point is that these are all ultimately the consequences of government decisions. That includes turning a blind eye to the rise of split ticketing until it cannot be ignored. For what it's worth, the answer certainly does not lie in simply relaxing the existing regulations - it is much more about fundamentally rethinking what 'we' (society/government) is trying to achieve with rail fares and ensuring that the fares system and associated regulation is structured to deliver it. The Williams review is pretty critical to this process too.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
"Most of the split ticketing opportunities that exist now are due to the actions of train companies who aim to charge a much higher price than BR did. It is not BR who are responsible for the 'anomalies' by and large but the likes of TPE, XC and others who have distorted the market by raising fares that they set to a level that is well above fares set by other operators (yet still valid on the more expensive TOC)."

The point I have repeatedly made is that these are Government contracts; where government has not regulated fares it is not because they have decided to let the TOC 'get away' with higher fare increases, it is because they have deliberately chosen to encourage fares to be priced up to reduce the subsidy or increase the premium paid. I am not arguing with anything you say about what has happened; the point is that these are all ultimately the consequences of government decisions. That includes turning a blind eye to the rise of split ticketing until it cannot be ignored. For what it's worth, the answer certainly does not lie in simply relaxing the existing regulations - it is much more about fundamentally rethinking what 'we' (society/government) is trying to achieve with rail fares and ensuring that the fares system and associated regulation is structured to deliver it. The Williams review is pretty critical to this process too.

(Silly question) but does anyone in Government actually understand the issues they've created?

My concern is that if a cash strapped 'here today, gone tomorrow' TOC (e.g XC, VTEC, Northern) decides to increase fares by stealth and distort the market we're left with the consequences of it forever. The current system is far from perfect but it's probably the least worst option.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
There's a lot of TOC and RDG-bashing in this thread.
Do people not realise that the DfT stands behind all these high fares and onerous restrictions (while not directly setting many of them)?
Each franchise demands certain premiums to the DfT, and the ratchet works so that extra revenue benefits the DfT as much as the TOC.
The fares may be too high, but the object from the DfT's point of view is to achieve or beat the premium targets in order to fund investment in future services.
It's how the franchise money-go-round works.
How do people think all the new trains on order are afforded?
If XC is one of the worst for price hikes and time restrictions, it's because pricing people off their trains is a deliberate policy, as a decade ago there was no scope to increase the capacity and a big deficit to eliminate (which I think Arriva has done).
From a purely fares and fairness angle, and the curse of split-ticketing, I can understand the anger at the customer level.
But it's only the result of several commercial and capacity-management policies set by the DfT in franchise agreements, and implemented by the TOCs.
Similar policies give us ultra-cheap fares where there is spare capacity, typically on well-equipped long-distance services.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Regarding Crosscountry's high fares, I seem to recall that around 2009 that they became famous for introducing the very first First Class Open Single (or Day Single) that was priced at £1000 between Newquay (Cornwall) and Kyle of Lochalsh (Scotland).

Bearing in mind that there is no First Class accommodation between Newquay and Par, and also no First Class north of Inverness too. I further recall that the gaffer made a public quote as a press release for the comments on that fare, which was more or less a reply of "It's fine. Nobody ever purchases that fare" as justification for the very first £1000 First Class fare.

njamescouk

It's also amusing that RDG officially encourages split ticketing by offering such combinations on their National Rail Enquiries website, yet when you press "buy now" they have chosen deliberately to direct the purchase to websites that they know choose NOT to be able to cope with selling the recommended products that NRE is suggesting, guaranteeing the user is greeted with the erroneous error "No tickets area available". No other industry chooses to act in such an anti-customer manner. It is entirely within their control. It almost looks as if it is incompetence, but it isn't. It's deliberate. ...

this has to be one for the competition & markets authority?

BigCj34

No one does. It is an understandable phenomenon that very few people are willing to do that. I don't think it is necessarily out of selfishness. Times are hard and money doesn't fall out of the sky for people.

Indeed it is a barrier to more substantial reforms and innovation. What you said about fare box revenue versus government funding is all well and good, but you need to be able to persuade the government that the current balance is not benefiting the industry or the country.

This isn't in any way guaranteed, unless you substantially reduce many fares, which brings with itself other problems.

Fares policy simply cannot exist on its own. There are other aspects of the network which need to be considered alongside. Also current revenue forecasts are mostly with quite ambitious outlook, to put it mildly, so further growth on top may not be realistic.

Arguably, fares are not being reduced, just more people are paying what they *should* be paying with more transparent pricing, rather than overpaying because they were not aware of the split ticketing tools available. If patronage remained the same but everybody used split tickets where possible revenue would probably decrease.

The increased patronage is an assumption, clearly there is no guarantee and would need money put aside to experiment with, like Railcard discount trials. However it is likely the case that TOC's would rather not rely on more passengers to make the same amount of revenue, and have split tickets remain an open secret.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think that hugely matters, as except to those of us with a specific interest in fares structures, Advances are purchased like easyJet fares - you do your search and find a train priced at an acceptable price, there is no need to actually understand the fares structure. easyJet still has fares buckets like other airlines do, they're just hidden because all of them have the same T&C.
As far as Advance tickets are concerned, this is very much the case now. No-one complains that air fares are "too complicated" and so I don't see a big need to reform rail fares unless there were no disbenefits to doing so.

Walk-up fares are quite different (and more difficult) because it is necessary for the users of them to understand their validity in order to get the most from them.
I agree that the area where people may be concerned about not "understanding" fares only really applies to walk-up semi-flexible (ie. Off Peak) fares, however any attempt to make these easier to understand will increase "splitting" opportunities.

The idea that a simpler structure can go hand in hand with avoiding the need to "split" is flawed.
The point I have repeatedly made is that these are Government contracts; where government has not regulated fares it is not because they have decided to let the TOC 'get away' with higher fare increases, it is because they have deliberately chosen to encourage fares to be priced up to reduce the subsidy or increase the premium paid.
I agree that it's DfT policy that has led to companies like TPE and XC increasing their fares at a higher rate than other TOCs, and that has in turn led to "anomalies" and a need to "split".

But those companies did take the decisions to actually cause the fares to change in a way that has caused the current structure to come under the spotlight. Where I have concerns is if those companies are unhappy about people "splitting" and then try to place the blame on BR, the truth does need to be exposed. If those companies wish in turn to blame the DfT for forcing them to set prices that have caused the issues, they are welcome to release press releases doing so ;)

I am not arguing with anything you say about what has happened; the point is that these are all ultimately the consequences of government decisions.
True.
That includes turning a blind eye to the rise of split ticketing until it cannot be ignored.
I don't see why it can't be ignored. What else can they do? They are not going to admit they were wrong to require the likes of XC, TPE etc to raise their fares to get to this point.
For what it's worth, the answer certainly does not lie in simply relaxing the existing regulations - it is much more about fundamentally rethinking what 'we' (society/government) is trying to achieve with rail fares and ensuring that the fares system and associated regulation is structured to deliver it. The Williams review is pretty critical to this process too.
That all sounds well and good but there is no way a fares system can be re-structured in a manner that is both "revenue neutral" and acceptable to passengers. I'm warning that we are not going to allow changes to take place if it results in any fares rising, and the DfT therefore need to accept that if subsidy isn't going to increase (and I accept it isn't) they need to do nothing and not increase our fares.
There's a lot of TOC and RDG-bashing in this thread.
Do people not realise that the DfT stands behind all these high fares and onerous restrictions (while not directly setting many of them)?
Yes I do realise this. But there are quotes in various media outlets where RDG or TOC spokespeople appear to be 'blaming' BR and I need to respond to that as these claims are untrue and misleading.
Each franchise demands certain premiums to the DfT, and the ratchet works so that extra revenue benefits the DfT as much as the TOC.
True.
The fares may be too high, but the object from the DfT's point of view is to achieve or beat the premium targets in order to fund investment in future services.
It's how the franchise money-go-round works.
I am not prepared for fare rises to pay for trains that are less comfortable than the ones they replaced, but this is really for a different topic.
If XC is one of the worst for price hikes and time restrictions, it's because pricing people off their trains is a deliberate policy, as a decade ago there was no scope to increase the capacity and a big deficit to eliminate (which I think Arriva has done).
This is true, but the idea that Reading to Manchester passengers using the 0915 train have to pay nearly £200 is a flawed methodology, and is easily circumvented by splitting. Yes the DfT's actions encouraged Arriva XC to raise their fares and to add restrictions to fares that were unrestricted under BR and Virgin XC but no-one made XC implement these specific changes and it was entirely foreseeable what would happen as a result.
From a purely fares and fairness angle, and the curse of split-ticketing, I can understand the anger at the customer level.
I do not see how it is a 'curse' but I would argue that there should be more availability of split ticketing and the TOCs should embrace it rather than resist it.
But it's only the result of several commercial and capacity-management policies set by the DfT in franchise agreements, and implemented by the TOCs.
Similar policies give us ultra-cheap fares where there is spare capacity, typically on well-equipped long-distance services.
Yield management isn't going to go away. The idea that we should have a new structure where it is both simple (with fewer fares available) and not cheaper to split, and based on 'fairness' rather than yield management is absurd and completely at odds with reality. We could have one of these things, but not all of them at the same time.

e.g. some people want all off peak fares to have the same restriction eg. "valid after 0900" or "valid after 0930"; if we had that then all longer distance journeys commencing before that time would need to be "split" at the first station called at after that time.

Some people want splitting to be made redundant, but this would require more complexity and would be impossible to completely achieve.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Arguably, fares are not being reduced, just more people are paying what they *should* be paying with more transparent pricing, rather than overpaying because they were not aware of the split ticketing tools available.
True but the impression I get is that some train companies do not accept this.
If patronage remained the same but everybody used split tickets where possible revenue would probably decrease.
This is the problem: several TOCs revenue models make the assumption that a certain percentage of their customers pay a greater sum for their overall journey than the total cost/value of each individual leg.

For example Arriva CrossCountry budget for the fact that some people take the 0915 from Reading and pay nearly £200 for an Anytime Return. Under BR and Virgin CrossCountry the Off Peak Return (formerly Saver Return) was valid for this journey, and costs around £85. The cost of an Off Peak Return from Oxford (departure at 0937) is around £80. The cost of Reading to Oxford on that train is under £20. So it can be done for £100, ie. around half price.

Of course £100 is arguably still too high a price to pay, but that's beyond the scope of this thread. The problem is XC are not prepared to ask people for much less than £200 even though they know it's an absurd price and can easily be circumvented.

The solution wanted by some people is for those people (on business expenses, of course) paying the £200 fare to pay much less, and for everyone else to pay a higher fare. Ignoring the fact that any such changes still won't completely obviate the need for split ticketing (it's a myth that it would), I object to this because I am not prepared for the more reasonable fares to rise just so some business users can pay less.

There is no solution to this impasse that would be acceptable to all sides.

The increased patronage is an assumption, clearly there is no guarantee and would need money put aside to experiment with, like Railcard discount trials. However it is likely the case that TOC's would rather not rely on more passengers to make the same amount of revenue, and have split tickets remain an open secret.
I think secretly XC know that split ticketing does actually keep some passengers on the trains who would otherwise be lost to rail, however they are not prepared to admit this publicly and they are certainly not going to offer people such fares willingly.

AndrewE

Established Member
Could easily be by the same means that new roads are provided. I pay my taxes, I can use them. (I know I have to provide my own car or bike, but the car is heavily subsidised in terms of fuel duty dwindling, and free parking.)
Railway infrastructure and rolling stock are indivisible in that I can't use the railway unless both are in place. I pay my taxes but I can't physically get on TPE trains home from Yorkshire.
Public money should provide the initial funding for what is needed to allow public transport to work. Whether the costs are recouped in cash terms doesn't really matter: the benefits of cutting pollution or allowing cities to function justify the investment

mikeg

Established Member
For long distance traffic yield management will not go away but having a peak/off peak structure is something that could still be done away with - the remaining yield management could probably be done with advances and their offering or not, at higher or lower prices. This would be relatively simple and understandable.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
For long distance traffic yield management will not go away but having a peak/off peak structure is something that could still be done away with - the remaining yield management could probably be done with advances and their offering or not, at higher or lower prices. This would be relatively simple and understandable.

It would, but it would be at significant disadvantage to passengers who wish to travel flexibly without paying excessive Anytime fares. By doing so, quite a lot may well switch to car travel.

You can get away with this with very high speed railways like TGV because they are faster than road travel. But most UK rail travel is not by the time you consider getting to/from the station at the other end. The WCML and ECML are about the only lines where rail has any hope of being faster end to end.

mikeg

Established Member
It would, but it would be at significant disadvantage to passengers who wish to travel flexibly without paying excessive Anytime fares. By doing so, quite a lot may well switch to car travel.

You can get away with this with very high speed railways like TGV because they are faster than road travel. But most UK rail travel is not by the time you consider getting to/from the station at the other end. The WCML and ECML are about the only lines where rail has any hope of being faster end to end.

You make the mistake of thinking the price will be anywhere near that of the anytime fare. It would likely only be slightly higher than the existing super off peak ticket given that that's what most people buy and any revenue neutral weighting would bring the fare very close to this.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You make the mistake of thinking the price will be anywhere near that of the anytime fare. It would likely only be slightly higher than the existing super off peak ticket given that that's what most people buy and any revenue neutral weighting would bring the fare very close to this.
But for some journeys e.g. Manchester to London a lot of costly Anytime fares are sold. Almost all of them would be on business expenses but if you are going to substantially reduce the cost of a £350 ticket that gets thousands of sales toban mount closer to £100, that's a lot of fares at the lower end that would have to rise significant amounts to make up the shortfall.

As the likes of Virgin now depend on these £350 fares as part of their business model, there isn't any potential solution that would be acceptable to all sides.

Therefore the status quo is the least bad option.

mikeg

Established Member
Interesting, @yorkie , I would like to know in what proportions. No doubt that is commercially sensitive data. But it appears to me that the whole yield management model is out of control anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of yield management but when it is applied as rigidly as it is on our railway it has costs and consequences of its own. Look at shoulder peaks for example, many of the crowded trains are off peak nominally so a bit of a fare rise would not be out of place here. Of course TOCs could do the sensible thing and stop selling advances on these services. It'd also be interesting to know what the average fare paid on a morning train from Manchester to London is. I suspect it's nowhere near £350 owing to the sale of advances. Indeed if the sale of advances was scrapped on the morning peak trains but in return the SORs were reduced to SVR/SSR prices I suspect the train would be fullish but not packed to the rafters and the average fare paid not much more/about the same on these services.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Of course TOCs could do the sensible thing and stop selling advances on these services.

I certainly do think TOCs should be banned from selling Advances (or any other form of ticket more deeply discounted than the regulated Off Peak Return fare) on trains known to have standing passengers on a frequent basis. If they want the money, they should lengthen the train to provide seats for it.

Yes, you, LNR.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting, @yorkie , I would like to know in what proportions. No doubt that is commercially sensitive data. But it appears to me that the whole yield management model is out of control anyway. Don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of yield management but when it is applied as rigidly as it is on our railway it has costs and consequences of its own. Look at shoulder peaks for example, many of the crowded trains are off peak nominally so a bit of a fare rise would not be out of place here. Of course TOCs could do the sensible thing and stop selling advances on these services. It'd also be interesting to know what the average fare paid on a morning train from Manchester to London is. I suspect it's nowhere near £350 owing to the sale of advances. Indeed if the sale of advances was scrapped on the morning peak trains but in return the SORs were reduced to SVR/SSR prices I suspect the train would be fullish but not packed to the rafters and the average fare paid not much more/about the same on these services.
The walk up fares provide a cap to the value of Advances (ignoring instances of more expensive Advance fares existing; any good website won't sell them) but TOCs like Virgin won't want to get rid of Advances, which are typically around £125 single on early trains from Manchester to London.

I don't think Virgin would agree that it is "sensible" to reduce £175 flexible fares massively and scrap £125 non flexible fares.

And making those fares fairer, in a "revenue neutral" model is going to push up a lot of fares that many leisure passengers purchase.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I could see 'mileage' in changing Anytime and all the variants of Off-Peak fares to just one flexible fare, as other countries have it, being set at the average amount paid for flexible tickets (i.e. revenue neutral). Advances would then pick up all the slack.

It would not be popular with those who enjoy very cheap fares now (e.g. certain GWR Off-Peak Day Returns, which can sometimes be just 20-30% of the equivalent Anytime (Day) Return), but it would certainly reduce complexity in the system, and it might well eliminate (or at least reduce) the need for splitting.

There would be no case of the first Off-Peak service being rammed full, either.

I think you could still keep different geographic routes of fares, but I'm on the fence as to TOC only fares.

mikeg

Established Member
I could see 'mileage' in changing Anytime and all the variants of Off-Peak fares to just one flexible fare, as other countries have it, being set at the average amount paid for flexible tickets (i.e. revenue neutral). Advances would then pick up all the slack.

It would not be popular with those who enjoy very cheap fares now (e.g. certain GWR Off-Peak Day Returns, which can sometimes be just 20-30% of the equivalent Anytime (Day) Return), but it would certainly reduce complexity in the system, and it might well eliminate (or at least reduce) the need for splitting.

There would be no case of the first Off-Peak service being rammed full, either.

I think you could still keep different geographic routes of fares, but I'm on the fence as to TOC only fares.

Thanks, you summed up what I was trying to say far more eloquently than I could. Is it not the case that in a revenue neutral rejigging we could also find and route out excessively expensive routes? @yorkie mentions the WCML, which could be left with this dubious honour, he is right in this extreme example. Yet some routes are really good value. I suspect if we raised fares a ::little:: on most routes we could curb a few excesses that are seen such as the MAN-1072, York to Leeds and most things via Cheltenham Spa to a great extent.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks, you summed up what I was trying to say far more eloquently than I could. Is it not the case that in a revenue neutral rejigging we could also find and route out excessively expensive routes? @yorkie mentions the WCML, which could be left with this dubious honour, he is right in this extreme example. Yet some routes are really good value. I suspect if we raised fares a ::little:: on most routes we could curb a few excesses that are seen such as the MAN-1072, York to Leeds and most things via Cheltenham Spa to a great extent.
Feel free to post a proposal for what the fares would be. But I can guarantee it would not be acceptable to all parties.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I could see 'mileage' in changing Anytime and all the variants of Off-Peak fares to just one flexible fare, as other countries have it, being set at the average amount paid for flexible tickets (i.e. revenue neutral).

Really? Consider London - Manchester. Current fares Anytime £350 Off Peak £89.60

How much will your proposed flexible fare be. My guess is you'd want it to be about £100. I bet it'd be nearer £200.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Really? Consider London - Manchester. Current fares Anytime £350 Off Peak £89.60

How much will your proposed flexible fare be. My guess is you'd want it to be about £100. I bet it'd be nearer £200.
As long as Advances are made available at reasonable rates - and, indeed, regulated - that would work.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I don't think Advance fares will ever be regulated, nevertheless as yorkie mentioned earlier, as long as suitable walk-ons are regulated, they should act as effective price ceilings for Advance fares. It just requires better regulatory effort to ensure that customers are not being sold Advances at a higher price than the cheapest walk-ons with corresponding loss of flexibility.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
As long as Advances are made available at reasonable rates - and, indeed, regulated - that would work.

Regulation and Advance tickets. That’s never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.