• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Re-use return ticket same day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haitch

Hi. I got a peak return ticket this morning from Chelmsford to Liverpool Street. After arriving into London I realised I left an important document at home. I returned straight away to collect it. Now heading back on train to London.

Should I have bought a separate return ticket or can this one be used for all 4 legs?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
You should buy a new ticket. It's a return ticket, not a Rover, unless you've left something out.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
As an Anytime Day Return from Chelmsford to London costs £27.40, but an Anytime Day Return from London to Chelmsford costs only £18.20, the latter ticket would have been the more cost-effective to buy and would cover your "home and back" trip, and then you could use the return portion of the £27.40 ticket when returning from London in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.