• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Realistic Scenario for Class 325.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class325Guy

Hello, so I would like to make a realistic scenario for the Class 325 on the WCML Northwest and Scotland route from Alan Thomson for TS. I am not from the UK but from what I understand it travels between Shieldsmuir and the mail depot near London. Obviously, you can't do the whole journey in one go since the route is split up in the sim but I am curious what would be realistic sicenario for this train.

Would it stop to change crew or to pickup mail?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Hi, some examples of services that could involve class 325's today can be found here for Shieldmuir:

Here for Warrington:

And here for Willesden PRDC:

Also be aware that as well as 325's operating as EMU's, they can also be dragged by class 90's or other electric locomotives.

Class325Guy

Hi, some examples of services that could involve class 325's today can be found here for Shieldmuir:

Here for Warrington:

And here for Willesden PRDC:

Also be aware that as well as 325's operating as EMU's, they can also be dragged by class 90's or other electric locomotives.

Very interesting thanks. I have never seen the 325 being dragged by something else. Also, I tried to check out the timetables but was a little confused as I had trouble finding the one I was looking for. I see some that start at Shieldsmuir and end at Warrington Mail Depot but not sure exactly where that is. From what I cant tell it would be on the Midlands portion of the route, right? I take it those are the ones I need as they cover the portion between Shieldsmuir and Preston.

Iskra

Established Member
Very interesting thanks. I have never seen the 325 being dragged by something else. Also, I tried to check out the timetables but was a little confused as I had trouble finding the one I was looking for. I see some that start at Shieldsmuir and end at Warrington Mail Depot but not sure exactly where that is. From what I cant tell it would be on the Midlands portion of the route, right? I take it those are the ones I need as they cover the portion between Shieldsmuir and Preston.
There are many examples of class 90's dragging class 325's here:

If you have the Armstrong Powerhouse Class 90, these are fun scenarios to make or download, I'm sure there will be some out there somewhere.

The most famous drag of class 325 units however was by a class 66 on the West Highland Line, seen here:

Warrington is around halfway up the country on the West Coast mainline, yes those ones would work for you on the West Coast Mainline over Shap, or WCML North TS routes, but there are probably some that work Willesden to Shieldmuir too.

Class325Guy

There are many examples of class 90's dragging class 325's here:

If you have the Armstrong Powerhouse Class 90, these are fun scenarios to make or download, I'm sure there will be some out there somewhere.

The most famous drag of class 325 units however was by a class 66 on the West Highland Line, seen here:

Warrington is around halfway up the country on the West Coast mainline, yes those ones would work for you on the West Coast Mainline over Shap, or WCML North TS routes, but there are probably some that work Willesden to Shieldmuir too.
I think for now I will just do a standard mail run but it is still interesting to see them with other units. Also, I take it they are classified as express freight or something similar and will use the slow lines whenever possible, or am I wrong?

Iskra

Established Member
I think for now I will just do a standard mail run but it is still interesting to see them with other units. Also, I take it they are classified as express freight or something similar and will use the slow lines whenever possible, or am I wrong?
On the WCML they would generally run on the fast lines apart from when being overtaken by any Pendolino services, I believe.

They can also be seen singly or in pairs creeping around Crewe, in and out of Crewe Electric Depot, normally having travelled from Warrington but often returning to London. They sometimes use the surface station avoiding lines, presumably to keep up route knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.