• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Really good new Underground German train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Looks cool - the deadmans sounds interesting. You should be able to release it in stations though.

F92_01.jpg

I downloaded it about an hour ago, it took me about half an hour to work out how to drive it.

Must say its really really good. The deadman is very realistic too. It feels like as if Im driving a real train.

One question though- Is the acceleration rate of the train really that fast?

Edit: Damon, it is possible to release it at stations- the white brake lamp needs to be on first, this can be done by moving the brake handle further down- the step before emergency.

Lesjordans

Yeah it can be released in stations at E4 brake position, and it does accelerate fairly fast which is good :D

Sturdjos

Erm..... maybe it's me, but can someone please give me a simplified step by step guide of how to drive it?

(And yes, I have followed the manual, and cannot get the thing to move..... apparently you need U-Bahn selected in '' controller '' and '' instructor '' ?? )

T

Tom

Right click, Options.

Set Instructor to U-Bahn, and the Controller to Ubahn by Keyboard -> Options

Sturdjos

All I have in '' Instructor'' is

(Default)
Japanese

And, for Keyboard: '' Key Assignments'', and '' Axis Settings''

For Key Assignments, I have the usual, power: Z, neutral: A, brake: Q etc

Are my BVE settings set up incorrectly then?

For example, Insert holds down the deadman for me, not TAB.

For you, is ' U-Bahn', just selectable from '' Instructor '' ?

Lesjordans

Yeah theres an underground route "Bentschen" and the author included a updated route file for it, where all the features work, and its for BVE4. you probably havnt installed it right, whats the error Dennis?

Sturdjos

Sorry for asking to be spoonfed here, but I don't get any errors, apart from the controls obviously are wrong.

Hm.... I'm off for a re-install.

dennis63uk

Sturdjos said:
Sorry for asking to be spoonfed here, but I don't get any errors, apart from the controls obviously are wrong.

Hm.... I'm off for a re-install.

Just cannot get it to load at all. I noticed that they are all .b3d files. As looked at files in other routes i got and they are all .csv which run perfectly here.

Coxster

Established Member
The file should be extracted to the main BVE4 folder only - C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4. There is a driving tutorial in the Train folder (you MUST read this as it has different controls to UK trains).

Ensure you change the 'key assignments' and 'instructor' when loading BVE4 to the 'U-Bahn' settings. You can obviously change them back to the British codes when you have finished with the train.

Ensure you have the Bentschen route from the same website installed to your BVE4 folder BEFORE you install this train. When you have installed the train ensure you use the Bentschen route file with the 'neu' suffix. When it loads some instructions will come up on the screen.

LondonBVE

I found that at TSC forum. I have downloaded it and tried it so many times still I cannot get the thing to run. I set the instructor and controller to U-Bahn type. Still it don't work, I already download 1 day. Kind of shame I told EmergencyBrake about this and said it take time to learn. Who knows he learned it within a day. 1 day has past.

Met Driver

Established Member
It works absolutely perfectly if you follow the included tutorial. A rather fantastic piece of work IMHO!!

Coxster

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
I found that at TSC forum. I have downloaded it and tried it so many times still I cannot get the thing to run. I set the instructor and controller to U-Bahn type. Still it don't work, I already download 1 day. Kind of shame I told EmergencyBrake about this and said it take time to learn. Who knows he learned it within a day. 1 day has past.
All you need to do is follw the instructions included in the Train folder - what is there not to understand? :roll:

Sturdjos

Upon reading the instructions carefully ( :D ), it now runs perfectly.

I agree with Damon - a great piece of work! :) :)

What exactly are you having trouble with, LondonBVE?

Mushroom

Fantastic Train!

Can be a bit confusing at the start. It took me a good few restarts to get the hang of the start up procedure, Iv now got to learn how to do it quickly because i always end up late at the first station and much later at the end.

Sturdjos

Same here.

The quickest I've done it so far is 5mins 30 late!

I wonder if there could be any new LU trains released, with the deadman feature included like the new F92 has?

T

Tom

There is a 73TS in development by two people on this forum which will feature a deadman.

Lesjordans

That Horn is a rare idea and perhaps could be made use of on the Mainline trains, when you hold it in it goes for as long as you want, would come in handy :D

LondonBVE

Ok I am having this problem (2 days passed), I followed all the instruction when I press space bar the train don't move. Must I use the US KeyBoard or the UK Keyboard?

Simming

I could really do with a printer, because trying to remember that manual is bloody hard, although what ive attempted to drive, everything is nice. I like especially the clock at the bottom, a good idea I think.

Sturdjos

You must use the U-Bahn setting, LondonBVE.

You should also change the Instructor setting to U-Bahn.

If you just have '' Default '' and '' Japanese '' in your Instructor settings, then move the '' key assignments '' and '' instructor '' folders, that came with the download, into your main BVE folder.

Hope this helps

Joe

Jordy

Established Member
Fantastic train, if you read the manual you'll soon be used to it!

Lets see what the TSC guys make of it! ;)

Jordy

T

Tom

You can manually open doors on the 323 too.

8 is left
0 is right
9 is close

This is on the numerical keypad above your keyboard, so above qwerty! ;)

devon_metro

Established Member
Tom said:
You can manually open doors on the 323 too.

8 is left
0 is right
9 is close

This is on the numerical keypad above your keyboard, so above qwerty! ;)

I normally end up opening the wrong side :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.