• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHDTog

Hi guys,

Is there anyway of getting notifications from RTT? I'd like to get notifications if a service is added to the schedule that fulfills certain criteria.

For example: freight service through Bidston, or West Coast Railways through Lea Green.

It doesn't have to be on RTT itself, but could be a service like IFTTT. I'm fed up of missing interesting/unusual services.
Cheers!

EDIT: thanks to the mod who moved this thread to the right section! :smile:

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bill57p9

RTT does offer an API which would allow you to write your own such service if you were that way inclined and have a web facing machine to do the processing.

ADHDTog

Thatnks for the heads up, alas that's beyond my technical expertise as a healthcare worker!

fishwomp

Thatnks for the heads up, alas that's beyond my technical expertise as a healthcare worker!

I wrote something to do this - I had no luck getting API access from RTT (did others have any joy?) so went straight to the Network Rail data API. I get a message every morning for TIPLOCs I care about with the "STP" workings for the day. It's been handy for a number of unexpected railtours, light engine workings and branch line trackwork.

If anyone with the 'technical expertise' is interested (AWS Lambda/Python) I'm happy to share - but I am also happy to figure out how to make this work for others more easily if there's interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.