• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
The allocations themselves must be updated in the systems as there is a pair of 153s shown working to Pwllheli. They had worked from Birmingham International and swapped out at Shrewsbury but the replacement had not been input so they stayed on it according to the system.

Last edited:

JonathanH

Veteran Member
The allocations themselves must be updated in the systems as there is a pair of 153s shown working to Pwllheli. They had worked from Birmingham International and swapped out at Shrewsbury but the replacement had not been input so they stayed on it according to the system.
Updated since then though.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G74973/2021-08-03/detailed#allox_id=0
shows
  • 153303 + 153926 + 158827 to Shrewsbury
  • 158839 + 158841 to Machynlleth
  • 158839 to Aberystwyth

M60lad

Dare I ask considering the problems their having at the moment when East Midlands Railway allocations will be added to the Real Time Trains website?

JN114

Established Member
Dare I ask considering the problems their having at the moment when East Midlands Railway allocations will be added to the Real Time Trains website?

How long is a piece of string?

Andy Pacer

Established Member
That may have been prescient, as it seems to have been substituted for 175s today.
Yes fair point, although the presence of the image of the 67 + MKIV would imply it is getting that info from somewhere, although the one in question did end up being a 175.

Tom

The locomotive number is not available for the TfW hauled services as it is not consisted in the sets (and nor are they allocated separately like on TPE) - but the sets themselves are allocated. The loco image is a just a standard generic one and won't discriminate between them..

Aictos

Established Member
How long is a piece of string?
Or to be more precise, it depends on when they approach RealTrainTimes and if they volunteer to shae the data.

If the feeds work off TRUST/Gemini then it shouldn't be too difficult to allow a public website to use the data especially with a number of operators all working with RTT eg ScotRail, LNER etc...

XAM2175

Established Member
Is there a problem with CS and GBRf allocations at the moment? They appear to have been missing for several days.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
The locomotive number is not available for the TfW hauled services as it is not consisted in the sets (and nor are they allocated separately like on TPE) - but the sets themselves are allocated. The loco image is a just a standard generic one and won't discriminate between them..
Thanks for the explanation.

CaldicotHalt

I'm not sure if this has been asked earlier but I can't find it. The loco numbers for Locomotive Services and the number of carriages is not showing. Anyone know why this is happening?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I'm not sure if this has been asked earlier but I can't find it. The loco numbers for Locomotive Services and the number of carriages is not showing. Anyone know why this is happening?

Perhaps they are not partaking in the scheme at this stage. Not every company is yet

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I was on an LSL railtour a few weeks ago (the one that came to grief at Cynghordy) and that had the relevant power cars showing.

XAM2175

Established Member
Perhaps they are not partaking in the scheme at this stage. Not every company is yet
Yes, they are participants - or at least were in the past. I notice that not only are allocations not shown for today's Staycation Express services, they're actually obfuscated.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I notice that not only are allocations not shown for today's Staycation Express services, they're actually obfuscated.
Ah now yes that was something odd on the tour I mentioned above. Day before when I checked it no allocations showing (correctly) but the service wasn't obfuscated and showed corrected headcodes and what have you. On the day itself allocations showed correctly but the train was suddenly obfuscated! I was somewhat confused I have to say!

D6130

Established Member
Loco allocation
Is there a problem with CS and GBRf allocations at the moment? They appear to have been missing for several days.
Just checked RTT for trains passing through Hebden Bridge today and the loco allocation for 6E09 - the morning Liverpool-Drax biomass - is shown
(60 021), but nothing for those services which have not yet started their journies. May be something to do with altered schedules caused by the Miles Platting engineering works....or maybe not.

Tony2

Ah now yes that was something odd on the tour I mentioned above. Day before when I checked it no allocations showing (correctly) but the service wasn't obfuscated and showed corrected headcodes and what have you. On the day itself allocations showed correctly but the train was suddenly obfuscated! I was somewhat confused I have to say!
I’ve seen this often on RTT, correct headcode will sometimes show before the train runs, when it starts the code is scrambled. Same thing happens on Traksy. Have a look at a yard where engineering trains are due to leave. They show side by side with correct headcodes, then one will start running and the code will then scramble. Happens also when a light engine positions on the end of an engineers train.

takno

Established Member
I’ve seen this often on RTT, correct headcode will sometimes show before the train runs, when it starts the code is scrambled. Same thing happens on Traksy. Have a look at a yard where engineering trains are due to leave. They show side by side with correct headcodes, then one will start running and the code will then scramble. Happens also when a light engine positions on the end of an engineers train.
I've never noticed that before myself. We don't get very clever about what we show though, so if that's what's appearing on the maps, then that's what's in the feed, and ultimately that's what's fallen out of the scrambler.

D6975

Established Member
RTT isn't 100% accurate. On a recent trip to the North West I saw several services that weren't worked by what was indicated on RTT. From 60s on freight to 195s on passenger, wrong info given.

ps GIGO I suspect

Last edited:

On Moderation
RTT isn't 100% accurate. On a recent trip to the North West I saw several services that weren't worked by what was indicated on RTT. From 60s on freight to 195s on passenger, wrong info given.
It's not RTT that isn't accurate, it's the data feed that goes into it. It's an important distinction.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

Sometimes when there is late change of units for some reason TOCs are slow to update the allocations. Also sometimes the replacement will be input without deleting the original

pdeaves

Established Member

ps GIGO I suspect
Assuming GIGO = garbage in, garbage out then yes. RTT only presents what's in official feeds.