• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RealTimeTrains website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan2019

I've just looked at departures from etches park during last night for an example. The first one with an allocation graphic is an empty coaching stock movement to Derby station 3:18am. Class 180 - 180109.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well that explains a PM I got off-forum, that is excellent news. It didn't twig when I saw the relevant PM that EMR were not on RTT before, but a welcome addition for when I next go to foreign territory better known as the East Midlands!

SteveyBee131

EMR being added to Know Your Train has filled the last gap in my home patch :D thank you so much Tom and all those who work with you behind the scenes to make Real Time Trains and all its features possible, it's truly appreciated!

Rob Gibson

My 5+ year old iPhone really doesn’t like the ads on RTT and elsewhere, gets very warm using up the battery very quickly so can only do short visits now.

james60059

Hopefully we'll see West Midlands Railway in due course. That will be my local mainline station (Nuneaton) covered then 8-).

Although I doubt the reg number of the bus will be provided that still runs between Nuneaton and Leamington Spa at certain times of the day :lol::lol:

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Can see SE joining soon given they are OLR and all other Gov TOCs have joined
That doesn't necessarily follow.

It is surely up to whether the local management see the value in expending the effort to join up rather than a dictat from on high.

bnsf734

Can see SE joining soon given they are OLR and all other Gov TOCs have joined
Off the top of my head I can only think of the following TOCs still to join:

Chiltern
Greater Anglia
South Eastern
Thameslink/Southern
West Midlands Railway
Grand Central
Hull Trains
Lumo
London Overground, but their allocations dont even appear on TOPS as they use a different system.

An excellent years work to get all the others on - thanks Tom and the TOCs.

JonathanH

Veteran Member

Chiltern
Greater Anglia
South Eastern
Thameslink/Southern
West Midlands Railway
Grand Central
Hull Trains
Lumo
London Overground, but their allocations dont even appear on TOPS as they use a different system.

Two more for your list
TfL Rail / MTR Crossrail
Merseyrail

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor

Chiltern
Greater Anglia
South Eastern
Thameslink/Southern
West Midlands Railway
Grand Central
Hull Trains
Lumo

Indeed though for Grand Central, Hull Trains and Lumo there is only one possibility for what could be allocated, so I don't think they'll be in a tearing hurry. Similarly with London Overground (and TfL Rail) and much of GA, SE etc. where the routes largely determine what stock there will be. And with Merseyrail it's purely a question of "single or double?", at least until the 777s are introduced.

pdeaves

Established Member
Indeed though for Grand Central, Hull Trains and Lumo there is only one possibility for what could be allocated, so I don't think they'll be in a tearing hurry. Similarly with London Overground (and TfL Rail) and much of GA, SE etc. where the routes largely determine what stock there will be. And with Merseyrail it's purely a question of "single or double?", at least until the 777s are introduced.
None of those TOCs run only one train (one train type, maybe!), so there will still be an interest in painted number (even within the TOC concerned).

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
None of those TOCs run only one train (one train type, maybe!), so there will still be an interest in painted number (even within the TOC concerned).
Indeed but that is more of an 'enthusiast' interest, and is harder to justify than something which shows the wider public where they can find the right carriage for their bike/wheelchair etc.

D6700

I'd noticed VSTPs were missing in RTT this week, but the problem looks to have been resolved today.

With so much disruption out there, there have been plenty of passenger trains running on VSTP schedules.

BJames

Established Member
When did EMR get added to Real Time Trains?
It is indeed great to see EMR on there. I used to use EMR's Seat Finder to see whether it would be a 4, 5, 7 or (in rare instances) 10 car on the intercity train I was getting but this was only the planned use and didn't account for any last minute swaps. This is a much better source.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
A lot of services showing rather strangely as duplicates…

Attachments

• 7228C83A-5064-44AD-9664-9C177996F8E1.png
    7228C83A-5064-44AD-9664-9C177996F8E1.png
    782.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 1D79A438-32F5-4EC2-A478-ABAC07F67B05.png
    1D79A438-32F5-4EC2-A478-ABAC07F67B05.png
    408.7 KB · Views: 157

ANDREW_D_WEBB

Having binge watched the 3rd series of Inside Central Station I noticed that one of the control rooms were using Real Time Trains (and Traksy signal maps) for information

bearhugger

Northern seem to be missing after 11am today ?
When I was checking on Monday for Middlesbrough area there wasn't allocations for the trains I checked, but there was a fair bit of disruption and cancellations due to a signaller being taken ill. Affected services between Newcastle & Middlesbrough and even services between Saltburn & Darlington seemed to be affected too.