• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reason for delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
doncaster_departures.jpg

What was the reason for the delay?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

Is This when that train was cooking its passengers north of peterborough, and this is the knock on effect on the following trains/services

AJP

London Tube said:
Yobs & chavs disrupting the service :P

It wouldnt surprise me if its were I think it is. Is it Doncaster? If so Donny is full of chavs ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It is Doncaster. No-one has got close to the delay reason (it's not a particularly interesting reason but it is quite rare & I've only experienced a delay for that reason on the ECML once).

Dave A

They had all been told to take the same platform? :shock: Or something to do with the platform?

AJP

A freight train failed in this position blocking all the lines....................

y9oojz.jpg

Tomnick

Established Member
Since all the 'delayed' trains are northbound express services (with that KX service thrown in for good measure - delayed for a different reason, or as a result of delay to an outward Leeds service?), I'd assume that the 'problem' was somewhere on the main line south of Doncaster - no idea where or what though! I'm amused by the lack of local services though - wouldn't take many more 'delayed' services before they'd be pushed off the bottom of the screen altogether ;) .

Edit: I was thinking of suggesting 'overhead line problems' - until you said that this was a rare problem on the ECML ;) :lol: .

Andy

a pantagraph on one of the 91's had come down and would not go back up

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Was it that dishwasher on a GNER train that got on fire?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Tomnick said:
Since all the 'delayed' trains are northbound express services (with that KX service thrown in for good measure - delayed for a different reason, or as a result of delay to an outward Leeds service?), I'd assume that the 'problem' was somewhere on the main line south of Doncaster - no idea where or what though! I'm amused by the lack of local services though - wouldn't take many more 'delayed' services before they'd be pushed off the bottom of the screen altogether ;) .

Edit: I was thinking of suggesting 'overhead line problems' - until you said that this was a rare problem on the ECML ;) :lol: .
Yes, you have the right idea, and local services were relatively unaffected. You're right about overhead lines - that is far too common unfortunately.

Keep guessing. ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Clue: there was a delay for this reason somewhere on the NR network today. ;)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Either flooding or problems with a level crossing?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
yorkie said:
Tomnick said:

Yes, you have the right idea, and local services were relatively unaffected. You're right about overhead lines - that is far too common unfortunately.

Keep guessing. ;)

All too often a problem with OHLE on the ECML. Should have left it as diesel-operation... ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
matt said:
Either flooding or problems with a level crossing?
Hedging your bets there I see! Yes the first one was correct. Flooding in the Retford area. I was stuck at a very windy and wet Doncaster station for something like 2 hours!

This was the same day I had gone to do some cycling in the Donny/Sheffield area, and I had earlier ended up at Peterborough (as explained in the bikes on trains topic). So, not the best of days out :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.